CrazyBoards.org

Allow me to introduce myself

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on the ED board before. I don't know if this is triggery so I thought I'd let you know.

My ED is currently rampant so I figured I might post, plus I need to stop being so bad about posting in general.

My ED started in 1994 with anorexia, although I didn't think I was fat until my guidance counsellor at school asked me if I did. Then I thought well she wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

After a while I just couldn't keep up the anorexic behaviours and started bingeing.

After a while on that ride I started purging although never very successfully.

Now my ED is a combo of bingeing and dieting. I guess that still qualifies as bulimia in a sense, but has gotten me the dx ED-NOS.

Right now I've been bingeing a lot and can't seem to get to my diet side of things (or in an ideal world, normal eating). I even purged again this week.

Any tips on how to stop bingeing?

Thanks,

Ameth

I've posted some strategies I've tried over on this older thread, though my presentation kind of sucks.  Maybe something there could give you an idea. 

If I truly knew how to stop binging, I wouldn't still be here.  But some of the things I posted help me cut back, maybe even stop for a while, and hate myself a bit less. 

I'm going to bed.  Welcome to Hell's Kitchen!

hey Ameth and welcome.

i, too, pretty much have what they would characterize as "ED-NOS."  used to binge/purge, then just binge, then binge and purge again, then just binge again.... and now i am either "dieting" (which a lot of the time is prob not eating) or emotionally binging.  to be completely succinct and bare bones about that.  so it seems that you are in quite understanding company with all of us.

see what you think of lmnop's old thread of strategies.  see if any of that might work for you.  we can all talk more and in much more specifics later. 

welcome again and keep posting!

~Ophelia~

Thanks SugarShock and Ophelia. Good to know that others are going through the same thing. It's strange when they put that NOS label on you (and I have it for another one too...dissociative disorder). It sometimes feels like you just don't fit anywhere.

Right now I have mustered up the energy and motivation to get back on the "diet" side of my cycle. My tdoc is not pleased.

Tough!

Ameth

Right now I have mustered up the energy and motivation to get back on the "diet" side of my cycle. My tdoc is not pleased.

Tough!

Ameth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he/she better not think it's good when your bingeing! My therapist knows better then to push my buttons when I'm going through a bad week with bingeing--as long as my "dieting" doesn't get too out of hand and I maintain my weight (because I was once too anorexic, actually hosp. 3 weeks inpatient) everything will be okay.

I hope things continue to go good for you and you can go on with normalcy.. hopefully the binge monster wont rear her ugly head anytime soon...

Well he/she better not think it's good when your bingeing! My therapist knows better then to push my buttons when I'm going through a bad week with bingeing--as long as my "dieting" doesn't get too out of hand and I maintain my weight (because I was once too anorexic, actually hosp. 3 weeks inpatient) everything will be okay.

I hope things continue to go good for you and you can go on with normalcy.. hopefully the binge monster wont rear her ugly head anytime soon...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think she thinks that it's good for me to be bingeing but I don't lose weight when I binge so that makes it okay. Apparantly bingeing is not a problem?! ;)

I hate having a pdoc that doesn't listen and a tdoc who doesn't believe me.

How underweight do I have to be before she'll take me seriously. She saw me at 8lbs underweight and then my meds made me gain 30lbs.

If I lose a lot of weight and end up in the normal range I still may very well have an eating disorder, but it's not going to get any response out of her unless I'm grossly underweight. *sigh*

It doesn't help matters that my diet is already restricted. I am a vegetarian and lactose intolerant. That leaves grains and vegetables and vegetable protein, which are high in fibre and interact with my meds!

I'm really mad that I'm typing this post a second time, so I'll be stopping now.

Ameth

Archived