CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
aura

How would you describe schizoaffective disorder?

For me its delusions plus depression! Its a combo... its pretty shit... I guess everyone here can feel that! lol

On 25/03/2017 at 4:57 PM, iaawal said:

I like to think about it like this. SZ and a mood disorder had a baby. The baby (SZA) has inherited both of its parents' qualities. Sometimes it acts like both of its parents, sometimes one or the other. Sometimes kids are more like 1 parent even though it inherits qualities of both. So kid might be more psychotic because it's like its dad. 

I agree with this novel and interesting explanation... yes I do! x (missed you iaawal)

I had a bad mixed episode and now I am SZA... so from SZ with mood alterations that are not enough to diagnose a bipolar episode to having a mixed episode and therfore SZA.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:39 AM, Chickenlips said:

For me its delusions plus depression! Its a combo... its pretty shit... I guess everyone here can feel that! lol

I agree with this novel and interesting explanation... yes I do! x (missed you iaawal)

Thanks Chicken! Missed you too. I tend to disappear for short periods of time. 

I am not diagnosed with SZA but I have the thing where my psychosis exists relatively independent of my mood; I have had hallucinations since November, and have been in all of normal, high, low, and mixed moods during that time, and I have had delusions likewise in pretty much all moods except that they are diminished in severe depression.