CrazyBoards.org

Hello,

Warning: This is a really long post.

The weird/bad stuff:

So, while my Schizoaffective Disorder is mainly controlled by 3mg of Risperdal twice a day, I still have some weird things happened that I was wondering if anyone else experienced. I hear people calling my name ALL OF THE TIME. I will literally be on the bus and someone will be on their phone through a Bluetooth or something and I will look up and say, "I'm sorry, how do you know my name?" or "Did you call me?" or something. I will be sitting alone and hear my name, watching TV and hear it on the TV, etc. Or I think people are talking to me when they are not. Same thing with people on the bus, walking down the street, etc. I just hear things that are really not directed at me. One time I thought a woman said I dropped my money. I looked around and asked her what she said. She looked at me like I had thirteen heads.

Also, I still hear voices sometimes. They are triggered by certain things. I don't self-harm any more, but on the rare occasion that I do decide to shave my face, they ramp up. Or if I see any razors in the house. Also, in the bathroom, when I'm alone(which is a lot!), when I'm under stress, or if I don't get a lot of sleep. They aren't as intense as they were before. They are more...random. I've started to hear a British voice. I have NO idea what the hell that is about. I have just random chatter that pops in sometimes. They used to be more direct, more command hallucinations. Now it's more like this...hmm. I'll be totally fine and in comes the most random shit. I'll just be sitting there and, I wish I had an example but it's 5:40 am and I can't think of one, but a voice will be like, "Hawaii has warm weather and there's a chicken in the cupboard." What?? 

Another thing. I get random delusional/paranoid/strange thoughts. I KNOW THEY ARE NOT REAL. My brain has this ongoing fight with me that my room mates have cameras in the house and they are watching me to make sure I am doing well. I counter them with fact checking. I'd see the cameras, it's not realistic, etc. My brain also tells me that my room mate is watching my browsing history, what I type, my journal entries on the computer, because I am borrowing her computer and somehow she can control that. Also, IT'S NOT REAL. But that thought pops into my head CONSTANTLY.

More stuff. I am afraid aliens are going to abduct me. I've had that fear since I was a kid. I am afraid that if I think about it they will just show up and take me! I kind of have this delusion that they or some other supreme being are in my head constantly. So, I've started praying. I feel like if I don't pray before I eat bad stuff will happen. I feel like when I do pray, good things happen. When I don't, bad things happen. Somehow, that it is connected to aliens because that is somehow connected to the all powerful supreme being. I feel like they are in control of everything and I am being controlled and punished. It is TOTALLY DELUSIONAL AND NOT REAL. Ugh. 

The Good:

Depression wise, I am doing the best I have in almost 6-7 years. My command hallucinations are under control, my suicidal urges are under control. I am motivated, taking care of my activities of daily living. I help my room mates take care of their animals, I do chores, I make appointments, I pretty much go somewhere in the city where I live via public transportation everyday despite my physical and mental health problems. I was in college and getting all A's, but had to withdrawal because of medical health problems. I am not letting my mental health issues stop me.

So, I am thinking about bringing this post to my therapist this Wednesday. Honest opinions, folks: good/bad idea? Will I get sent to a hospital? I didn't bring it up to my Psychiatrist last week because I was afraid of being involuntarily committed or put on a sedating medication. My Psychiatrist is really nice and said if I needed to see her sooner, I could. I told her about the voices and that I didn't want to be put on another medication. She said it was fine. However, I am afraid that these symptoms will get worse and debilitating. I want to catch them while they are at the stage where I can handle them. 

Thanks for reading!

1 hour ago, LiamB said:

Hello,

Warning: This is a really long post.

The weird/bad stuff:

So, while my Schizoaffective Disorder is mainly controlled by 3mg of Risperdal twice a day, I still have some weird things happened that I was wondering if anyone else experienced. I hear people calling my name ALL OF THE TIME. I will literally be on the bus and someone will be on their phone through a Bluetooth or something and I will look up and say, "I'm sorry, how do you know my name?" or "Did you call me?" or something. I will be sitting alone and hear my name, watching TV and hear it on the TV, etc. Or I think people are talking to me when they are not. Same thing with people on the bus, walking down the street, etc. I just hear things that are really not directed at me. One time I thought a woman said I dropped my money. I looked around and asked her what she said. She looked at me like I had thirteen heads.

Also, I still hear voices sometimes. They are triggered by certain things. I don't self-harm any more, but on the rare occasion that I do decide to shave my face, they ramp up. Or if I see any razors in the house. Also, in the bathroom, when I'm alone(which is a lot!), when I'm under stress, or if I don't get a lot of sleep. They aren't as intense as they were before. They are more...random. I've started to hear a British voice. I have NO idea what the hell that is about. I have just random chatter that pops in sometimes. They used to be more direct, more command hallucinations. Now it's more like this...hmm. I'll be totally fine and in comes the most random shit. I'll just be sitting there and, I wish I had an example but it's 5:40 am and I can't think of one, but a voice will be like, "Hawaii has warm weather and there's a chicken in the cupboard." What?? 

Another thing. I get random delusional/paranoid/strange thoughts. I KNOW THEY ARE NOT REAL. My brain has this ongoing fight with me that my room mates have cameras in the house and they are watching me to make sure I am doing well. I counter them with fact checking. I'd see the cameras, it's not realistic, etc. My brain also tells me that my room mate is watching my browsing history, what I type, my journal entries on the computer, because I am borrowing her computer and somehow she can control that. Also, IT'S NOT REAL. But that thought pops into my head CONSTANTLY.

More stuff. I am afraid aliens are going to abduct me. I've had that fear since I was a kid. I am afraid that if I think about it they will just show up and take me! I kind of have this delusion that they or some other supreme being are in my head constantly. So, I've started praying. I feel like if I don't pray before I eat bad stuff will happen. I feel like when I do pray, good things happen. When I don't, bad things happen. Somehow, that it is connected to aliens because that is somehow connected to the all powerful supreme being. I feel like they are in control of everything and I am being controlled and punished. It is TOTALLY DELUSIONAL AND NOT REAL. Ugh. 

The Good:

Depression wise, I am doing the best I have in almost 6-7 years. My command hallucinations are under control, my suicidal urges are under control. I am motivated, taking care of my activities of daily living. I help my room mates take care of their animals, I do chores, I make appointments, I pretty much go somewhere in the city where I live via public transportation everyday despite my physical and mental health problems. I was in college and getting all A's, but had to withdrawal because of medical health problems. I am not letting my mental health issues stop me.

So, I am thinking about bringing this post to my therapist this Wednesday. Honest opinions, folks: good/bad idea? Will I get sent to a hospital? I didn't bring it up to my Psychiatrist last week because I was afraid of being involuntarily committed or put on a sedating medication. My Psychiatrist is really nice and said if I needed to see her sooner, I could. I told her about the voices and that I didn't want to be put on another medication. She said it was fine. However, I am afraid that these symptoms will get worse and debilitating. I want to catch them while they are at the stage where I can handle them.

I can really empathize ... what you wrote sounds almost exactly what I went through when I was not on the right medications.  The hearing voices, delusions, And it is very frustrating and stressful to deal with.  I had the lack of sleep also, and same with me ... lack of sleep and stress will make them much worse.  They are very annoying also.  It just sucks anyway you look at it.

IMO it sounds like you might need a med adjustment/change/added.  Hearing your voice being called all the time, hearing voices, having delusions, being paranoid, etc ... I have been through it all.  Except ... I thought it was all real.  I didn't have insight then.  And the only thing that got rid of everything was going on medication.

(bold) The good thing is that you still have insight because you know things aren't real.

I'm glad you are doing well also.  That is always good news!

I think it would be an excellent idea to bring this post to your tdoc appt on Wednesday.  It explains things very well, precise, and to the point.  I think it will be much easier to start talking about things when you have stuff written down (IME).  Also, if you don't feel comfortable as to what to talk about at first, you could always hand your tdoc this post and ask her to read it.  Then go from there.

I doubt you will get sent to the hospital.  That is usually if you are a harm to yourself or others.

(bold last sentence) You're absolutely right ... definitely catch them while they are at the stage where you can handle them.

Like I was saying above though about the medication etc, IMO I think you need to do something with that because IME, those voices, delusions etc won't go away on their own.  They just get worse.

Edited by melissaw72

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By abrooksIN
      I will try to keep this brief.  I was always depressed and my senior year of college (a year ago) I had a major psychotic break where I literally thought I was flying through the universe.  I was hospitalized in for two weeks, and I have been trying to fine tune my meds.  I am working closely with my Pdoc, but am getting very discouraged.  Any input would be appreciated.
      Lithium is what brought be out of my mania, and I have been on 900mg er every since.
      I have gone thru Latuda. Could only get to 60 mg.  I took with food, but still felt ill most of the time.
      Cannot take Lamictal due to headaches.
      Tried Vryalar and I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.
      I am now up to 4mg of Rexulti as of last weekend.  My Paranoia is the highest it has been since my hospitalization.  Saw my Pdoc Friday and he said too soon to tell on the increased dosage and I can go from 7. out of 10 to 3 out of 10 in a matter of minutes.  He added a small dose of Lexapro to help with my depression.
      Rexulti has been the best drug from a side effect profile.  If I could rid myself of the paranoia I would almost be normal.   
      Does anyone have any suggestions?  Really appreciate it.
    • By Dewey
      So I saw my psych doc today and he feels the best reactions I have had to control most all my symptoms are in this class of medications.  Where I do not like this "named" class, I will give this one drug one more try.  I have been on them all but this one. All the others I can take for short bursts of time.  We are trying to find something I can take long-term.
      Starting tonight with 20 mg of Latuda.  I also asked for Cogentin to help with the horrible muscle spasms and rigid muscles.  Mail order will eventually get me the Trasadone to help with sleep and Cogentin for muscle issues. I asked for Xanax and he wouldn't allow that since it's too short acting.  I tried to convince him I need something for emergency purposes and he still said no.
      It's been 6 months since I have seen my psych doc and in 40 minutes he went thru all my back history, last 30 years to try to find something to help me. He also wrote to my landlord stating that my new kitten is my therapy cat and can therefore not charge me any pet deposits nor fees.  I love him for doing that for me !!!  
      So, after 35 years of treating me I asked... am I BiPolar or what am I?  He said basically I suffer under the umbrella of chronic PTSD, tramatic brain injury and childhood abuse.  The symptoms I continue to have will not go away, but need to be treated, great, huh?  At least he was truthful.  Settling in for the long-haul or what's left of my life. Somehow I was magically under the illusion I would be cured, lol. 
    • By Dewey
      Thursday night was scary for me.  I felt a mood suddenly ink in and I think I may have been hallucinating or dissociating due to the anxiety I was experiencing.  I actually saw out of the corner of my right eye a face that was letting out all the angst I was feeling.  It was a tortured hideous expression, and as soon as it appeared, it disappeared and I could feel all those churning emotions inking back into me.  Soo weird !!!  Was this dissociation, am I now BiPolar, what in the heck happened to me?  Never had this, this intense before.  I was afraid of........ me. I don't have a clue what triggered all this.
      I could tell something seriously was wrong, so what do I do? I go straight to the computer and go to my favorite site to order things I have never been able to afford before as that is one technique to self soothe, only I went overboard.  Yes, I extended my line of credit one late night and now I am buying things that I don't even remember, even two or three of the same item.  I am now busy returning most of them.  However, there are items I have wanted for sooo long that I am now buying, I won't even go into the items I am sending back, way to embarrassing, lol. 
      What scared me the most was the enormous scary mood swing, out of the blue, the mood was bigger than life to me.  I could hear my psych doc telling me what to do as going thru a mood swing like this your body can tolerate extra medication, so I took 1/2 of a 25 mg Seroquel and it did nothing to stop the mood, so 1/2 hour later, I took another half of the 25 mg and it worked, within 30 minutes I was out and I slept 14 hours, woke up in a completely different mood, a completely different person.  I had to say to myself this morning when I woke up, who was that person last night, I didn't even recognize myself and what I went thru.  What a difference a good nights sleep does and strong medicine to help me get to and stay asleep.   Wondering now if I am BiPolar because I heard that only a solid 12 hours of sleep will break cycling and I was definitely cycling last night. 
      I have been coming down from Zyprexa due to extreme vertigo, so wondering if this may have been part of what happened to me.  I also have reduced the Klonopin due to issues with my HMO and have had to stock-pile them, which leaves me wide open for more anxiety.  Lately, my mood and anxiety/panic have rendered me housebound and even sometimes too fearful to get out of my bed. 
      Update:  Last night felt extreme paranoia inking in, back at the computer ordering things I don't even remember ordering as I see notices coming thru my email account, so took a full 25 mg of Seroquel and within an hour, the paranoia was gone and I slept straight thru 14 hours until this morning.  This morning feeling less paranoid, more grounded and a bit sedated due to the Seroquel.  Will see how the day progresses and if the paranoia and dissociation occurs again tonight.
    • By Simone.
      Hello everyone! Where to begin...
      I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder with some avoidant traits. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety since elementary school (I am 22 now).
      Up til this point, I have been in and out of hospitals and treatment centers and passed around from therapist to therapist. I was heavily self- harming and abusing alcohol and other substances. A few months ago, I was sent to yet another center after a suicide attempt. 
      Let me tell you, it changed my life. I was introduced to DBT, which has truly saved me. I am finally on the correct medication which has seriously reduced, if not stopped, my horrid intrusive thoughts and paranoia. Before, I was to the point I could hardly get out of bed, and already had to drop out of college and leave my job. Now, I have rediscovered my love for art, I am waitressing (something I would have NEVER thought possible) and- best of all- my relationship with my fiance is SO much better and we are back to planning our wedding.
      I am back to seeing a therapist regularly, and she is awesome. I've finally confronted issues with my toxic mother and am opening up about traumatic childhood experiences as well as working through family therapy with my father (and my mother, when he can convince her to join). 
      The fact is, life is GOOD, I am somewhere I thought I would never be and I am incredibly grateful. I'm back here to recieve support now that I am more stable and moving forward into uncharted territory in my life. Thanks for being here and reading.
    • By wookie
      I don't know if I should class this symptom; is it a facet of bipolar disorder, or just ingrained negative thinking patterns, or an enduring part of my personality?
      I am paranoid of people I work with.  Sounds silly, and usually perfectly sane people have trust issues around people they work with because of backstabbing, gossip, office politics etc. etc.
      I guess what I found different is that it seemed to be because of my mood.  A few days before my period I was hyped up and mildly agitated.  I was training new people who were just lowering the bar of expectation for me.
      Basically they were insubordinate, seemed to not trust anything I told them,  walked away several times in the middle of me training them, asked other coworkers the same questions they asked me (to which they gave them the same answer), and became very defensive when I told them to pay attention.  They made some comment about how they studied psychology and understand people.  I did not like training them because they were doing poorly, and not grasping anything, and then trying to blame me for their screw ups.
      Another trainee had this inability to shut-up, and listen.  He got reamed out a few times by a couple of coworkers for major infractions.  Instead of not doing said behavior repeatedly, he blamed someone for calling him out on it.  The other screw up trainee started bashing on this coworker, calling them a snitch and a rat.  The trainee had never even met this coworker.
      I was pissed.
      I decided to be a rat and told my supervisor.  I spoke with the other coworker who was bashed on that if they wanted to call anyone a rat they can come to me.  I was kind of feeling ramped up at this point, plus it was a day before my period.  Not to mention I am on a diet and trying to cut back on coffee.
      My period hit and I calmed down a little; but then I got super agitated after the person I trained showed up at work after being told they were getting fired.
      I vented to my supervisor.  And as expected they screwed up so royally, they are now under investigation by the client, at the very least.
      I started feeling down.  I started thinking I was going to get fired for saying something and about the bullying and shit behavior.  I kept my professional demeanor on but on the inside I felt like everything was my fault.  I started thinking in a depressive way where everything was empty and I was just felt really down with paranoia.  Some really minor non-eventful things happened and I felt like people were conspiring to fire me.  A coworker who I barely knew didn't say hi to me, and then I thought they hated me and were trying to get me fired.  By Wednesday I was at the doctors office and was advised to go down 50mg, from 300mg to 250mg of Lyrica.  My other med is Zoloft 100mg.
      I am feeling better.  I just rested as much as possible on Wednesday, and I was in a much better mood by Thursday.
      I am new to accepting my Bipolar II diagnosis.  I was advised to add abilify to the mix but I had tried that drug before and reacted with extreme anxiety and agitation (akithesia).  
      After a brief psychiatric assessment with a really good doctor I was also advised to try Latuda, or Lamotrigine to my cocktail.  I am not sure of either and I am worried I'll be activated, or something will just go wrong in my adjustment to the new meds that will put me out of work, and just render me useless.
      My other worry is my bipolar II diagnosis might be off, but I think it might be accurate.
      To remedy the situation I asked my doctor to sign me up with the psychiatrist as my regular pdoc.  He is very good but I might have to wait another year or so.  They also put me on a waitlist for a med assessment at the local mental hospital to help in the interim.  
      I do feel I have some good coping skills in place that are in tune when things are changing for me.  I have a pretty decent support network too.
      I just don't know what to make of my thinking patterns and negativity.  It seems so ingrained I am not sure if it is just me or bipolar disorder.
      Edit: Considering new meds.  Not sure where to go in terms of what to add/ remove.
      Will keep lamotrigine and latuda in mind.  Depakote was mentioned as well.  Is abilify calming at higher doses?  I took a low dose once and found myself feeling so anxious on it.  Absolutely could not sleep.