CrazyBoards.org

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the boards. I joined CB a while ago but only posted something like 12 times.

My PTSD stems from a sexual assault that happened when I was camping by myself. Stupid stupid me.

I don't know what else to say.

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the boards. I joined CB a while ago but only posted something like 12 times.

My PTSD stems from a sexual assault that happened when I was camping by myself. Stupid stupid me.

I don't know what else to say.

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although an understandable (and familiar) response to such things, maybe you want to thinka bout that "stupid stupid me" thing? Even if you were doing things you ought not do...does that necessarily mean that you MADE someone do something they ought not to have done?

Not that I don't do it myself, but I get yelled at for it a lot and, logically, it makes sense. One thing that helped me much was a friend who told me (knowing how much I hate sounding egotistical) that that's about the most egotistical thing he could think of to say about the crap that happened; that I somehow "invited" or "made" it happen. "As if you somehow have the ability to manipulate others' thoughts and actions...what are you, some sort of god?" I think once I started to put it that way, I realized I couldn't've MADE someone do those things. Not that the feelings don't pop up.

Anyway, not to rant at you :> I hope the boards help. I'm pretty new, too, but seems like good people.

Welcome Amethyst

Glad you are here. Take the tour, it will take you forever, but I sure learned alot.

Anyways, I am pretty new here myself so I know it can be tough being the new kid on the block, so again, WELCOME.

Keep the faith,

Sylvia

Not that I don't do it myself, but I get yelled at for it a lot and, logically, it makes sense. One thing that helped me much was a friend who told me (knowing how much I hate sounding egotistical) that that's about the most egotistical thing he could think of to say about the crap that happened; that I somehow "invited" or "made" it happen. "As if you somehow have the ability to manipulate others' thoughts and actions...what are you, some sort of god?" I think once I started to put it that way, I realized I couldn't've MADE someone do those things. Not that the feelings don't pop up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good way to put it. I don't like to seem egotistical either, but I am a god lol.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to meet you.

Ameth

Welcome Amethyst

Glad you are here. Take the tour, it will take you forever, but I sure learned alot.

Anyways, I am pretty new here myself so I know it can be tough being the new kid on the block, so again, WELCOME.

Keep the faith,

Sylvia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply Sylvia. I know how long the tour takes and it puts Gilligan's Island to shame! ha. I've been touring all night. Now if I can only keep up with the messages...

Ameth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good way to put it. I don't like to seem egotistical either, but I am a god lol.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to meet you.

Ameth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi amethyst, great screen name. I was the lucky winner of several psycho boyfriends, but only one that got really violent.

My domestic violence counselor said, and I heard it 10 years prior when doing the incest therapy thing: Victims always blame themselves.

AS my therapist says, "could you please stop that?"

One should be able to enjoy the beauty of nature in solitude regardless of their gender or physicial condition or any of the shite. Give it back to the fucker who hurt you.

And welcome! Stay!

S9

Welcome, pull up a chair, feel free to listen or talk.

Being a victim of a sexual assualt involves no stupidity, other than the stupid assholes who sexually assualt others. But, I have been there calling myself stupid, so I understand.

Erika

You are very much not alone here, or the only with those thoughts.

I've been there, right through "well, if I'd done something different" and "if I hadn't upset him so much" and "I should have known better" and so on.

Look around, you'll find some good information and references on this board. Don't hesitate to talk if you want to. There's always people listening here.

Fiona

"Could you please stop that" put simply. Lol. If only it were that easy.

Thankfully I will not let this put a damper on my love of camping and the outdoors. I just won't do it alone. I should say, i HOPE that it doesn't put a damper on my camping experience, but the nightmares and flashbacks might be too much.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

Ameth

Archived