CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
JustDucky

STUPID VA they screw us everytime

VA Sent a nice little letter saying that our support group was no longer covered under benefits because as a group we have dropped our inpatient stays and our  relapse rate so the group is being dismantled

On top of that the President told the VA to audit every soldiers pay over the last 10 years and benefits and if there is a discrepancy do not pay our monthly benefits . MY letter said they had paid me 10,216 dollars with no explanation of how or even when

I love love when people make great speeches and applaud at Congress over the latest Hero and then they wait 3 seconds and fuck us all over again

6 minutes ago, JustDucky said:

VA Sent a nice little letter saying that our support group was no longer covered under benefits because as a group we have dropped our inpatient stays and our  relapse rate so the group is being dismantled

WTF?  That is so stupid IMO to drop a support group because of insurance because the group has helped with dropping IP stays as well as relapse rates.  This is the perfect storm for both more IP stays and an increase in relapse rates.

I think the insurance company might have a surprise back to them ... they are screwing themselves over.  They don't get that it is because of the group that things have gotten better, and dismantling it will just (might) make things worse for people.

That is just totally messed up.

12 minutes ago, JustDucky said:

On top of that the President told the VA to audit every soldiers pay over the last 10 years and benefits and if there is a discrepancy do not pay our monthly benefits . MY letter said they had paid me 10,216 dollars with no explanation of how or even when

(bold 1) What type of discrepancy are they talking about?  You did your job, got a paycheck, and now they are pinning things on you that you have no control over?

(bold 2) How could there be no explanation?  Did they explain why they said that?  Are the VA payments done separately from SS? If the VA were the ones to make the payments, how can they say you are at fault for something they were to supposed to look at/take notice in the first place? (Not figure this out after a year).

How can the insurance company not realize this in the first place?  Over 10 years?  And now you might have to pay them back? 

*I would call and ask what specific discrepancy they found, making it so that they paid you $10,216 too much because of it.  I wouldn't write a letter (unless a phone call doesn't work) but if that is something you need to do, I'd put specifics in and I would send it certified with a return postcard acknowledging  someone signed for it (because they could say 'it got lost in the shuffle of things' or something, and this is way too important for anything like this to slip through the cracks). And save a copy for you.  (Sending it certified with a return postcard is a little expensive, but when you think how this letter could make or break you paying $10,000+ or not back to them, it isn't too expensive, IMO anyway).

I would fight this!  I would (personally) focus on what specific discrepancy and explanation they have/found as to why they paid you without any explanation as to how and when and why they did.  It isn't like you stole their money ... they gave it to you.  I mean if there were a question in the first place, why not at least tell you about it at the beginning, rather than wait a YEAR.

I am angry with you!  And I support you!