CrazyBoards.org

I just wanted you to know.

I am horrid when it comes to expressionalism. Things like physical expressions and emotionally expressing ones self (both by others and myself) put me into amazement from misunderstandings. I think psychologically. Logically and Scientifically.

I posted in another section on what depression means. Not what it feels like, but what it does. A lot of people don't understand this, or even find it as a "poor dear" complex. But I never viewed it as such. Humorously, it's probably because I can logically understand how I can use it for my advantage.

I once heard that Autism is understanding things scientifically what everybody else understands naturally. Although I might be taking this to a different level other than Autism, that is specifically how I think.

With my ways of thinking, I always believed that sad doesn't necessarily mean "bad" and happy doesn't necessarily mean "good". Even though I was confused as a child when my parental tried to explain why it was "good" to cry at funerals but "bad" to cry at baseball games, I looked further into this as I aged. A bad feeling can give a good outcome while a good feeling can be misused in the wrong occasion. I still had/have no idea what was/is appropriate for when/what, but with the bigger picture, I can comprehend when I analyze. At times more so than others.

It may not be neurologically "normal", and it may be different than most. But I am not "missing" anything. I'm no more missing how you think than you are on how I think.

I just wanted you to know.

When you take the time to post your thoughts and feelings you never know who it will reach. I appreciate hearing from others with autism and aspergers since my youngest son is autistic and doesn't communicate well at all. It helps gives me insights and a better understanding of my son. Sure, everyone is different, but I have gone from NO CLUE to HALF A CLUE and believe me it is a big improvement.

Thanks!

Archived