CrazyBoards.org

anyone ever taken on the beast that is ambien dependency? particularly in the situation that you really need a sleeping pill every night...

i have been taking ambien basically every night for a year and a half, but i also hoard it up and use it for fun or take more than i should. i am now at the point where i am way scared to stop taking it, and i prefer it greatly over other sleeping pills. i have already asked my doctor to halve my dose so i have less temptation. just wondering if anyone else has been in this place. it sucks.

I have been taking ambien for a year or so.......I stopped for awhile but then found myself getting anxious and then not being able to sleep. I had my doctor up my dose which works great now.

But I am learning as soon as I take it to go straight to bed. Because if I don't I end up having weird conversations with my boyfriend and friends on the phone that I don't remember until they tell me the next day.

I don't feel the ambien is evil in anway if taken correctly and not misused.

I hope this helps.  ;)

hey

yeah, for almost 2-3 months i took it every night and i noticed myself changing. I would forget things easily and got anxious. I tried to stop taking it, but i got the rebound insomnia effect. it was a bitch to stop taking it, but after a week i started to return to falling asleep on my own. i've known people with serious ambien addiction. my roommate at the hospital was taking up to 8 pills a day. yikes. and he was a police officer. good luck. matt

Hmmmm this makes me think.  I take Lunesta and unless I take 3 pills or 3mg, I still wake up at least every hour.  I've heard so many good reviews about it....

I do have an addictive personality but I've used Xanax successfully without any addictive tendencies at all...wonder if I could handle this stuff???

Tylenol PM and Benadryl don't do jack squat so I know I'm into the prescription league...any thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm this makes me think.  I take Lunesta and unless I take 3 pills or 3mg, I still wake up at least every hour.  I've heard so many good reviews about it....

I do have an addictive personality but I've used Xanax successfully without any addictive tendencies at all...wonder if I could handle this stuff???

Tylenol PM and Benadryl don't do jack squat so I know I'm into the prescription league...any thoughts??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Ambien would help you not to wake up. Its just a pill to make you fall asleep, just as Lunesta. If you can't stay asleep you might wanna check out my thread:

http://www.crazyboards.org/index.php?showtopic=8090&hl=

• 3 weeks later...

Archived