CrazyBoards.org

Tightening in chest?

;) So I don't have panic/anxiety problems, but I think my sister does.  She complains of tightening in chest and feeling like she can't breathe.  Like someone is sitting on her chest.  This is anxiety stuff right?  She is going through some tough job stuff, so that is what I thought.  Any general tips I can tell her to try, short of meds? 

Chest pain, aching chest pain which at its' worse makes it hard to breath. That is my main anxiety symptom. I could deal with almost anything else, but this is do damn uncomfortable.    I've learned to reduce the breathing symptom, but the chest pain doesn't respond so easily.

A.M.

It sounds like anxiety.

But like ncc said, getting checked out by a dr. is not a bad idea either.

In the meantime she can practise breathing correctly. Deep breaths in through the nose...and slightly longer exhalations through the mouth. I was surprised when my dr. told me I wasn't breathing the right way, since it's BREATHING...but it does make a difference.

I get chest tightening and feeling hard to breathe a lot too....from panic and anxiety.....sometimes breathing deeply whilst placing my hand on the centre of my chest helps....it helps to cry too...or a propranolol if things get really bad...

good idea for her to get it checked out anyway...

this was my first indication of anxiety.

i was experiencing a rapid heart beat, and having severe chest pain and palpitations.

my doc sent me for a heart ultrasound and ECG right away.  they both came back perfect so he knew it was anxiety. 

better to be safe than sorry, right?

im going to be going that route again very shortly as ive been experiencing chest pain again...which is not going away.  my doc has checked me out and the pain is very bizarre - its nothing serious as the only way it hurts is if I press a certain way.  he couldnt cause any discomfort (sorry - going off on tangent)

anyway.  something to discuss with her.

tal

Archived