CrazyBoards.org

severe panic attacks

Guest ~Aurelie~

I hate hate hate flashbacks!  I think I have this evil switch in my brain that when all seems well, flick, let's think of something horrible to trigger panic and get her spinning out of control. ;) Happens to me all the time.  So, you're not alone here!  Kris.

These are awful.

So you have a pdoc who might be willing to give you a little something to calm you out of the panic attacks? I hope you have a great therapist to help with these things -- or at least help with strategies to make them not-so-bad.

Thinking of you.

Fiona

Aurelie,

Another voice to add that flashbacks suck. They are scary as hell, so are panic attacks. I second Fiona and wonder if your pdoc can give you something to help with the panic attacks. Meds can take away some of the worse while you continue to work with your tdoc.

Hang in there and be strong. Since you arrived on CB your posts show the progress you have made. And you have been a welcoming, caring, and helpful member to others that is why we are here afterall! PTSD, as you and the rest of us know, is a long, tough fight. Often when you are feeling better it seems like everything crumbles down around you again but that is the nature of the beast. One day, and it will come, the effects of PTSD do subside, your coping skills continue to improve, and you will get through the worse of it. Therapy, IMO, is essential, but I also know how painful it can be at times.

Hang tough, take care of yourself, and keep us up to date.

Erika

Guest ~Aurelie~

Fiona and Erika

thanks for your commiseration! i have clonazepam and have been taking it. it helps to some degree. i'm okay right now. you know, just numb. it's better than before when i was in the midst of all the hell. as you well know. and i am trying to hang on until therapy finally begins again.

i appreciate your thoughts and support, very much.

aurelie

Guest ~Aurelie~

Heya Aurelie,

Missed your original post, but makes no difference.

I just saw your name over here, and want to check on you.

Hang in there hon.

You're stronger than you think.

--ncc--

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ncc

just saw this post, which made me happy. thanks you are super thoughtful. hope you are doing well.

aurelie

Archived