CrazyBoards.org

This guy sitting next to me right now is not only too obese for 5 chairs, he is also making strange sounds and SMELLS LIKE URINE. Who let him out of the house?! Sorry for being a snob, but I just need to call the Environmental Protection Agency on this dude.

peace

loon

This guy sitting next to me right now is not only too obese for 5 chairs, he is also making strange sounds and SMELLS LIKE URINE. Who let him out of the house?! Sorry for being a snob, but I just need to call the Environmental Protection Agency on this dude.

peace

loon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He might be MI;  many of our "regulars" at the library are unmedicated schizophrenics or drug/alcohol abusers who all seem to smell like urine and make strange noises.  Many of those with the worst problems have really balloooned up in weight when they take their meds.  I frequently talk to the absolutely nastiest smelling guy and he is really nice, just really nuts. 

Tommy

I think I smell.

I can't help it.  I smoke like a chimney so I don't really have a good sense of smell.  And all the smoking probably makes me stink.  And I wear body spray which I probably put too much of on, because I can't smell me.  And I have cats.

But how am I supposed to know if I stink if I can't smell me and nobody says anything???  I love my best friend because he'll say- "you stink" to me.  Because I don't know!  And I don't want to smell!

Haha.  You hit a sore spot.

another thing with MI and not bathing is not only with the chain smoking and nt being ablee to smell, and the not being on your meds if you are MI, but also with alot of MI comes apathy or extreme paranoia.

i know that during some of my worst paranoia i cna't take a shower because i can't stand to close my eyes long enough to wash my hair because i keep hearing pepole outside the curtain, outside the window, etc...

i can't even begin to imagine what it might be like for other people?

but yeah.

i don't know where i was going with that thought.

but although i understand where the stinkiness may derive from and can empathize

with you too.  i've been both the stinker and the stinkee (?).  is that the proper

terminology?  i don't know.  either way it's a stinky situation to be in.

ugh.  bad bad choice of words but can't find the words i'm looking for. 

REALLY no pun intending.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I fly alone sometimes I get anxiety thinking I might sit next to some one who smells really bad. I always have mints in my purse and have to shower everyday.

Loon-A-TiK as I read this I felt what you were feeling.

mmmmmm....picture the unadulterated pleasure of settling into a bullet-train comfy Green Car seat, tucking into that new novel, popping open a hot tea...and the middle aged gent sitting next to you removes his shoes AND socks, and rubs his feet over the carpeting....bleccchhh!

the only way it gets better is if (god forbid, what horrors did I commit in a previous life to bring this lousy karma upon myself?) he tries to talk to ya, what with that cigarette-unbrushed-teeth-stale-coffee aroma breath!

my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it.

the only way it gets better is if (god forbid, what horrors did I commit in a previous life to bring this lousy karma upon myself?) he tries to talk to ya, what with that cigarette-unbrushed-teeth-stale-coffee aroma breath!

my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's nasty!  Kind of makes me nauseated.... but not enough that I'm unable to eat!

Lily, how is it going with the Effex?

Hiya NYPL,

While Japan prides itself on excellent train service and loads of disgusting middle aged men, we don't have Effexor here. I hafta order it from California. No Adderall, no extended release Ritalin, no nuthin.'

That means I hafta find a doc here who is licensed to practice in the US (not loads of them around, as you might imagine!), go pay $200 for a scrip, then send it to your fine country!

Thanks for asking! I'll let you know once I get it.

Here, conscientious folks carry around a small vial of "after you use the loo" spray, specially formulated to get rid of *those kinds of smells.* There's even a pic of a toilet on the vial!

While Japan prides itself on excellent train service and loads of disgusting middle aged men, we don't have Effexor here. I hafta order it from California. No Adderall, no extended release Ritalin, no nuthin.'

That means I hafta find a doc here who is licensed to practice in the US (not loads of them around, as you might imagine!), go pay $200 for a scrip, then send it to your fine country!

Thanks for asking! I'll let you know once I get it.

Well, that sucks!  Geesh!  Does no one in Japan have mental illness?

Here, conscientious folks carry around a small vial of "after you use the loo" spray, specially formulated to get rid of *those kinds of smells.* There's even a pic of a toilet on the vial!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, that's funny....  So it's not a faux pas to carry around stink eliminator? 

on the body odour front, the deodorant i was using started to irritate my skin so at the suggestion of a friend i changed to a little, rounded block of salt. apparently it is the historical deodorant. i found it in the supermarket with the other deodorants. and it works great. it has no smell obviously and i guess the saltiness kills the bacteria that generate the body odour smell.

plus my workplace has a 'no scents' policy so that works out nicely. i sometimes get a woman at work telling me that i smell nice and clean but i'm not sure what that would be because i have scentless everything soapwise.

grouse.

i sometimes get a woman at work telling me that i smell nice and clean but i'm not sure what that would be because i have scentless everything soapwise.

grouse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm..... was she coming on to you?  Maybe she was getting a whiff of your pheromones.

There was one vendor that used to come to our office who smelled of body order so bad.  He used to also  douse himself in this cheap cologne. He smelled so bad when we saw him coming into the office all the girls would scatter No one wanted to deal with him and If I got caught and had to talk to him I would catch myself holding my breath.  One time I was walking down the stairs to the lobby and I smelled his awful smell but no one was there when I got to the lobby I asked the receptionist was so and so just here she frowned and said yes.

Hmmm...looking at that cute new photo of grousemouse, who wouldn't? (And remember I'm a woman, not TV's Craig Ferguson, my current avatar.)

Lily: would it be more difficult to get your meds through Canada? My mom (in California) had to start getting her Effexor through Canada when her HMO stopped paying for it. Plus much cheaper in the Great White North!

revlow, your avatar's almost as nice looking as grouse-man's. I'll PM you about LEGALLY IMPORTING MEDS (just so folks walking thru here don't think we're a site that encourages illegal importing, recreational drug abuse etc.--remember that hassle?).

NYPL, it's more of a faux pas to leave smelly smells around than it is to carry a vial of "nope! no poop smell here!" spray.

Though you wouldn't know it by walking into the bathroom at work. Yee-haw. I bought my own vial just so I can clear the air from time to time.

I like a fresh bowl, fnar fnar.

Archived