CrazyBoards.org

• 4 weeks later...

Bugger, should've just registered first so I could edit my dodgy typos! Here's what I was *trying* to say:

This topic just caught my eye because I find his absolute utter skepticism in the supernatural and hesitancy to discuss death and to a lesser extent religion (he's agnostic) quite perplexing. I used to just put it down to a difference in opinion, but knowing now that Aspies have trouble grasping abstract concepts (such as the intangible) it makes more sense to me why he might have trouble believing this stuff.

I have an interest in ghosts and have a friend who claims to be a "sensitive", saying she sees and feels several spirits around her now and then. I tend to believe but am still somewhat skeptical, and I've had discussions about the topic with my husband. He thinks it's all complete rubbish and when asked "What if you saw something with your own eyes, what would you think?" he said "I'd think it was just a hallucination." Perhaps it's my own beliefs I can't get past, but I thought that if someone saw something for themselves they would believe it and I found this answer very odd and bewildering.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this topic is pretty old, but regarding things... I'm an Aspie, and while I'm agnostic, I have a strong belief in the paranormal/supernatural.  I've also been told I'm quite sensitive as well.  I suppose I should add that I'm in charge of my own paranormal investigation organisation too, though it doesn't officially exist yet.

Archived