CrazyBoards.org

Depression and sense of time

Yes. When my mood is low, it feels like everything is dragging out. It makes me want to sleep so that the time goes by faster, plus it gives me something to do besides watch the clock. I don't usually feel like doing anything else when my mood is low, so it's pretty miserable.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DopamineSick said:

Time seems to slow down to a crawl and that is made even worse if my anxiety level is high (I have GAD too). All I try to do is make it to the end of the day when I can go to sleep again, but sometimes that feels like an eternity.

during severe depression this is my goal- make it to bedtime

13 hours ago, DopamineSick said:

make it to the end of the day when I can go to sleep again, but sometimes that feels like an eternity.

I can really relate to this too.  Sometimes though I'll fall asleep before the end of the day to pass time.

Edited by melissaw72

I'm going through a depressive phase, too. I hate it. I wish I lived by myself...my family member cares but I suspect he thinks I'm lazy or avoiding him. I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid.  

I don't want to wallow in this depression but I want privacy. And, yes, I want the clock to speed up. I have an entire day ahead of me. Energy level: 0

Minutes fade to days, weeks fade to months. Everything seems a blur. The concept of 'yesterday' seems to encompass a great deal of time. Been in a pretty low wave pattern for a hot minute. Memory loss, torpor, ideations. Now spiced up with infrequent but odd giddiness, and desperate motivation, which I hope means it is nearly over.

Sometimes when I am experiencing... very ... negative thoughts... I just think...

"Wow! You guys are all so polite and mild mannered these days! Waiting your turn and never yelling. Let's all just take a moment and relax. We've been through quite a lot lately and we could all use a breather."

Meditation of sorts.  

Not always possible, but..

ahhh...

During mania I feel like that squirrel from over the hedge. Lol 

Also neurotransmitters directly effect your internal time clock. Think acute stress response. 

En Todas!

-Toas 

Edited by Toas