CrazyBoards.org

Hi everyone - I am being "forced" or strongly encouraged to move onto a Risperdal Depot... also called something that starts with a "P".... hmmm anyone else tried this?? Anyone? Would love to hear how it tracked? Side effects? Different to oral? Apparently also it lasts for 3 months! OMG  

Thanks

x

• Like 1

A much better strategy is to accept any answer and not criticize it or indicate you find it wanting. It is something that people will take time out of their day and respond to each other, trying to help. Asking for nothing in return.

I take paliperidone aka invega in the oral form so I don't know how helpful this will be to you, my deary! So I do apologize in advance if that is the case. 

I have been encouraged also to take the depot of it as well but have never tried it yet. I am sticking to the oral pill, however, because of insurance reasons.

I take 12 mg in the morning. I have zero side effects! I started off at 6 mg I think and moved up from there. I was hesitant to take it and worried. But honestly, it's the best move I've made in a very long time. 

How has it helped me? I notice less negative/scary voices and I'm not so worried about other people wanting to beat me up or worse. I don't get as many death messages or threats from the universe on the radio or TV that say my husband is going to die soon or me or my parents. Before that was all I ever could think about and it ruined every single day for me. 

Things aren't near perfect now, but I have some good days now instead of 99.9% bad days. I'll take it!

So I think you should give it a try and see if you notice any positive changes in your life. I did and I hope you do too. Good luck with it my lovely chickenlips! I'll be sending good thoughts your way that it will help you! <3 

And sorry @Chickenlips for the super long reply. I didn't mean to ramble. Haha oops! :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...