CrazyBoards.org

Hello. My name is Lisa.

ive been struggling with the addiction of cutting since 14 years old. I am now 28. I have good months and I've even gone a year without cutting. Recently I went back to self harming. I feel so overwhelmed. I feel sad constantly. I have an amazing husband that treats me like a princess but I still just don't feel good enough. He knows my cutting history and does everything to support me. I started seeing a therapist again.. and I hope that starts working. I can't talk to any of my friends about my struggles. It would be nice to have someone to lean on that can keep me strong. 

Just need people that understand the addiction. 

Thanks for listening.

Hi Lisa, 

It is great that you were able to go for a year without cutting.  What do you think helped then? I'm glad you started up with a therapist again. 

I had over a ten year break from self harm in my 20's and early 30's, and now am struggling with it again, so I know relapses can be discouraging. 

Distant Rabbit,

it is very discouraging and I know I can get to a healthy start again but when you give in... it helps release everything in my head but then I just get mad at myself. It'll always be apart of me I know that but I just want to find a better outlet. Thank you for reaching out, makes me feel less alone.