CrazyBoards.org

Always wanting to be somewhere else?

Does anyone else get overwhelmingly bored?  I feel so dissatisfied no matter what I'm doing. I am always thinking of where else I could be in that moment, and all of the millions of experiences I'm missing out on.  I guess it's like a grass is always greener type situation, but then the grass would actually have to be green on my side too.

The worst is i can't think of a single thing that I'd like to be doing.  Everything that I think would be enjoyable seems like it would be ruined the second it became real. I think maybe I'm just too controlling, and if things don't turn out exactly the way I planned I don't know how to cope and it's too stressful to be fun. The result is I'm just sitting here in the dark, alone, unable to move.  Nothing seems worth the effort. I know this is just classic depression symptoms, nothing new, but damn is it frustrating. 

When I was a kid I never thought this way. That's one thing I wish I could get back. Wherever I was was the place to be, nowhere else mattered in the slightest. I was able to be present in everything I did.  Feels impossible now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scrup said:

The result is I'm just sitting here in the dark, alone, unable to move.  Nothing seems worth the effort. I know this is just classic depression symptoms, nothing new, but damn is it frustrating. 

I can empathize. 

The depression for me is similar to yours ... when I actually do not want to do a thing and everything becomes a chore.  I'm not bored, just have no "spark" in me to do anything.  And the hard part is that there isn't anything I can do (at least that I have thought of) except let it ride out.

You're right it is very frustrating.

I'm feeling the same these days....in fact this sort of depression goes on for a loooooooong time for me (even when my other symptoms have resolved) I still have yet to find a med that takes away this apathy/boredom, nothing is pleasurable or fun. It really sucks to be stuck like this.

Same here. Very often I cannot literally think of a single thing I want to do. I think this is what is making office life easier than home life - at home I'm expected to have fun (which I can't do) but at work I'm expected to... work, which I can do, mostly.