CrazyBoards.org

Bipolar lifting

I noticed how well I've been doing the last couple of days. I've had a belief that I was going through some kind of benzo withdrawals and I probably am but I'm on 15 mg of abilify and it's getting into my system. Did anyone here have success with abilify and at what doses?

4 minutes ago, sonicwhite said:

I noticed how well I've been doing the last couple of days. I've had a belief that I was going through some kind of benzo withdrawals and I probably am but I'm on 15 mg of abilify and it's getting into my system. Did anyone here have success with abilify and at what doses?

Yes and no, ultimately no. My abilify story-  low doses its def not antimanic, infact it raises the mood even (negative for me). Around 5-7.5 mg it had somewhat of antimanic properties where it was helping me for a while. Problem is after that I get akithisia, double vision, the full body twitches (TD I think its called). Also it induces a little depression at times (maybe because it fucks with dopamine?) Idk exactly how to explain this, I can say thought it def did work in the right range (not sticking around for TD to get worse).  I wish I knew more about it- if I could keep it in the right range and not get the TD who knows it might be work for me. 

Since Trileptal is clearly the better option I can't see myself going back to Abilify. One thing I really like about it- it works right away and consistently. But I can't see it being as good as Trileptal was. 

Just now, sonicwhite said:

Ya I hear you. It's whatever works tho. I mean I'm feeling great off of it. I still think I should be weaned from risperdal and hopefully I can be. 

Abilify def has that feeling at low doses. Watch out when your raise the dose. You run into any symptoms just lower the dose again if they don't go away. I really found abilify to be interesting- I just don't think I could get it to work right, too bad too. 

• Like 1

Wulp, my psychotic symptoms are lifting and has a profound help on my depression. When I was going through a psychotic break in 05 it took twenty mg to get me level but when it kicked in I could feel it.

22 minutes ago, sonicwhite said:

Mcjimjam is it alright to take subs and Valium? 

I'm actually on buprenorphine patch ATM (for back pain). Was on sub briefly due to a state regulation problem with getting the patches. No doctor has had issue with me taking Valium in addition to opioids. A lot of chronic pain people take both as Valium helps relax muscles. The only interaction is that both are sedating, both slow breathing which isn't really an actual interaction. Just an effect they have in common. At normal doses it mustn't be an issue, I guess. 

Edited by mcjimjam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sonicwhite said:

Mcjimjam is it alright to take subs and Valium? 

Do you really want to do that long term? I hate to be on some of this stuff long term... the dope withdrawal was bad enough. 

1 hour ago, mcjimjam said:

I'm actually on buprenorphine patch ATM (for back pain). Was on sub briefly due to a state regulation problem with getting the patches. No doctor has had issue with me taking Valium in addition to opioids. A lot of chronic pain people take both as Valium helps relax muscles. The only interaction is that both are sedating, both slow breathing which isn't really an actual interaction. Just an effect they have in common. At normal doses it mustn't be an issue, I guess. 

I wish I had 2 mg of bupe and a 10mg valium right now. :(

• Like 1

Yup I know what you mean. I wished I had a Valium but than again I have been without from 3/16/17 and it's 5/2/17 so I think I'm doing pretty good. I have a lot of windows. I can do without the option tho. I would get addicted to that.

8 hours ago, sonicwhite said:

I've had great success with abilify.  I've been on it since 2003.

My dose range when starting was 5 mg, then was up to 45 mg at one point at my highest.  But overall the dose hovered around 30 mg.

At one point I was to switch APs ... go off of abilify completely ... so I did, but had to go back on it.  Was at 15 mg doing well, but then went up to 20 mg (I thought I might need more).  When I did that I got a 24/7 dull headache that only went away when I went back to 15 mg.  I really think I can't go above the 15 mg because I went off of it completely, it messed things up when I went back on it.

But I love the abilify.  It has really helped me over the years.

10 hours ago, Yuna said:

Do you really want to do that long term? I hate to be on some of this stuff long term... the dope withdrawal was bad enough. 

I wish I had 2 mg of bupe and a 10mg valium right now. :(

I don't want to be on daily opioids long term, no. I wonder if it worsens my mental health, idk. I don't "feel" it at all. PRN benzo, I don't mind as I don't take that often. I have been on 20mcg/hr bupe patch for a few years and my pain has steadily improved. I think I'm ready to start reducing it and have gotten the 15mcg/hr patches to start in one weeks time. Hope the w/d isn't too bad.

• Like 1