CrazyBoards.org

Cymbalta vs Effexor

Which has been better for lifting your depression?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which has been better for lifting your depression?

• Effexor
    • Cymbalta
    • Effexor Sucks!
    • Cymbalta Sucks!
    • Both are just as effective.

Hey all-

I've finally decided its time to get off the Remeron (too sedating and too much weight gain) and I'm looking at effexor and cymbalta as my next choice. For those of you that have tried effexor or cymbalta or both, which did you find most helpful in squashing your depression?

Basically I'm looking for something that will make more more alert (I sleep way too much and never have any energy) as well as increase mood and all that good stuff. Pdoc hasnt ever mentioned ritalin or adderall or strattera so those are out of the question.

Oh yeah- I also take wellbutrin.

Thanks!

I can't vote b/c I've only taken Cymbalta.  It had really bad sexual s/e so I had to take WB.  150mg XL WB counterated those s/e when I was on prozac but not on C.  I had to up to 300mg.  If you take I think either one alone you will get the late am sleepies if you take it in the am.  No sleepies anymore since I take WB.  I lost weight on C without even trying well before I added the WB.  I waited about 2.5 months.  Didn't really need to but now I'm back in my size 2 jeans and they're baggy.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-

Effexor lifted my depression unlike any other, however, I gained about 10 pounds pretty quickly on it and the dragging lethargy I experienced, in combination with insomnia, (go figure) was too much. I am on cymbalta now, I have gained no additional weight but am still sleepier than I would like. I am looking into adding something to it. The antidepressant features are not as good as Effexor was; but it's wintertime and I am not really experiencing the usual SAD symptioms I generally do, so it's probably working better than I think.

Just my $.02.

-Diane

Archived