CrazyBoards.org

**possible trigger** Urges related to blood?

I find my urges and si habits in general are tied to just seeing blood as opposed to the pain. Im wondering if anyone else experiences/experienced this and how do they deal with it since most alternatives ive found relate to pain and the others dont work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

For me it's a mixture. The pain and the blood. I had a period of time in which I burned, but it didn't satisfy my particular urges because of the lack of blood. Each person's urges are definitely unique in their own way, but that does not seem unusual to me. As far as alternatives go, I could totally see how that wouldn't work. I would say the old red marker trick, but for myself personally it does nothing. Do you have any relief in drawing on your skin? Markers, henna, etc? There is a definite release in bloodletting that is difficult to replicate in a healthy manner. 

On 5/30/2017 at 3:57 AM, juxtapositionx said:

For me it's a mixture. The pain and the blood. I had a period of time in which I burned, but it didn't satisfy my particular urges because of the lack of blood. Each person's urges are definitely unique in their own way, but that does not seem unusual to me. As far as alternatives go, I could totally see how that wouldn't work. I would say the old red marker trick, but for myself personally it does nothing. Do you have any relief in drawing on your skin? Markers, henna, etc? There is a definite release in bloodletting that is difficult to replicate in a healthy manner. 

Ive tried drawing on my skin and even just slashing angrily at it with a red marker but it still doesnt do much to stop me and after a while the urge turns to a sort of "itch". Its nearly impossible to ignore at that point

On 6/3/2017 at 0:58 AM, earlgrey said:

Ive tried drawing on my skin and even just slashing angrily at it with a red marker but it still doesnt do much to stop me and after a while the urge turns to a sort of "itch". Its nearly impossible to ignore at that point

I totally get what you mean. Seems I'm in a similar boat. I've been meaning to try out body paint, maybe that will replicate in a way. Henna is good sometimes cause it stays for a long time, but it isn't the same. I've basically run out of ideas. You are definitely not alone though.