CrazyBoards.org

19 hours ago, nervousbat said:

There's nothing I can do about this, my case worker can't help me, and I can't see my doctor until Tuesday. All I can do is rant here. Anyone ever feel like their neighbours are terrorizing them or have irrational fear of their neighbours? 

Hell, yes.  The people above me.  Past 8-9 months (when I started telling my landlord about it), pple above me make so much noise ... pounding, jumping, running, and everything else you can think of on their HARD WOOD floors.  Hard wood floors make it so I can hear everything they do much louder than if on a carpet, which I can't hear much at all.

I know they are doing it to piss me off now too, even landlord agrees.  Reason being because I have complained so many times to my landlord, who calls their landlord etc.  Maybe other reasons, but it isn't like they dropped something ... it is continuous noise that happens either all day or off and on (or none if they are home and choose to be quiet).  They know how to be quiet.  At this point though they are choosing to be loud.  I have a recording of them, just waiting for my landlord to get back to me to hear it. 

Also letting pdoc listen to it (He finally believes me that it is loud noise happening all the time) when I see him next week.

Anyway, yes, I hear you on the noise and feel the terrorizing, as well as technically irrational fears, but they could be real to me at least, IMO.  And it all usually makes me really agitated and irritable.

God, wow I'm sorry Melissa that they're doing that, what a couple of menaces! Grr! ?

In my case, I've been here not that long but it seems like as soon as I got here this kid's had a problem with me. I'm recording it all now both to see if I'm really being irrational (because it is actually hard to tell now, my anxietys so bad?) and to have evidence to prove to anyone if it becomes intolerable that this kid's a menace. 

My parents also tend to minimize everything like, when I was being bullied by all the boys in my class they would say "he just has a crush on you." God. ? I think they said that to try to comfort me, but it doesn't help at all and instead has lead to me doubting myself in all situations. thank god we have recording devices now, muahahah. ?

I hate the whole 'if they're mean to you it's a crush' excuse. No! It's crappy behaviour! Sorry to hear about everyones neighbours. When I was at my first university in uni accommodation my next door neighbour used to play loud music constantly. He seemed to think it was appropriate to bring his state of the art sound system with him. Unfortunately I don't have any advice because I had a nervous breakdown and left, so it never got resolved. Urgh mel that sounds like the worst. What a bunch of a-holes. nervous, I hope things quieten down before Tuesday. Maybe your doctor will have some good tips?

• Like 1

Omg, me too! That saying bothers me hugely, just ugh, no! Having a crush on someone is never an excuse to treat someone terribly. ?

Oh man, Ananke I'm so sorry about that university neighbour! That would have been hard to deal with.

Yeah, my neighbour's son is sporadic in behaviour, so I keep getting a false sense of everything being fine for a couple of days, and then he does something that stresses me out. I am hoping he will leave soon or will just calm the hell down. Man. 

• Like 1