CrazyBoards.org

Could I be mixed?

My tdoc thinks my mood is a bit elevated, but that sounds strange to me because I'm sleeping (excessively, even). Mood-wise my main symptom is irritability. I'm grumpy at best and aggressive at worst. I almost got into a car accident because I was acting so aggressively. I've been extremely rude to my Arabic teacher several times and I feel so embarrassed about this in hindsight. I also having executive functioning problems, as in forgetting things and doing tasks in the wrong order and totally zoning out. According to tdoc I'm also having sort of tangential thought processes. 

On top of all this, I'm also having lots and lots of hallucinations, which is making me really stressed out. I've had some paranoid thinking too, but it comes and goes. 

Could I be having some kind of mood episode, mixed perhaps? Personally I think tdoc is wrong and that the hallucinations are causing stress which is causing all the other issues. But I figured I'd put this out there in case anyone has experienced something similar.

Sounds like it could be a mixed episode to me. The sleeping + irritability are keys for my mixed episodes. I don't get hallucinations, but I'm not schizoaffective either.

I found that some APs actually perpetuated my mixed episodes (Risperdal was extremely bad. )

22 hours ago, aura said:

My tdoc thinks my mood is a bit elevated, but that sounds strange to me because I'm sleeping (excessively, even). Mood-wise my main symptom is irritability. I'm grumpy at best and aggressive at worst. I almost got into a car accident because I was acting so aggressively. I've been extremely rude to my Arabic teacher several times and I feel so embarrassed about this in hindsight. I also having executive functioning problems, as in forgetting things and doing tasks in the wrong order and totally zoning out. According to tdoc I'm also having sort of tangential thought processes. 

On top of all this, I'm also having lots and lots of hallucinations, which is making me really stressed out. I've had some paranoid thinking too, but it comes and goes. 

Could I be having some kind of mood episode, mixed perhaps? Personally I think tdoc is wrong and that the hallucinations are causing stress which is causing all the other issues. But I figured I'd put this out there in case anyone has experienced something similar.

Hard to say, @aura. Agitation and rage all hallmarks of mixed states for me, but I can't sleep. But then I can't sleep during any kind of episode, and sometimes when I'm not even in one. I think the mood states run on a continuum, with different symptoms for different people. Also, you need to consider the differences between being on meds and not being on meds. Your meds might make you sleep, but you could still be mixed or manic. My episodes of mania, mixed, and psychosis do not generally last long these days, because I quash them with Zyprexa early on. But just because my manias don't last long enough to fit the qualifications in the DSM, doesn't mean I'm not having them. I'm simply aborting them early on.