CrazyBoards.org

ALWAYS depressed & bored on weekends

This is really weird, but I am always more depressed on the weekends than during the week!  I'm one of those people who likes to be busy all of the time.  I hate having free time and being responsible for making plans and trying to keep busy.  I get bored *very* easily, too. 

It's weird, because all week at work I wish and wait for the weekend, but when the weekend comes, I'm depressed, bored and most of all, lonely. 

Somehow I am just not able to be happy unless I am busy.  Can any of you relate?  How do you deal with this?  I'm wondering if I need to learn how to keep busier...or if I need to learn how to just "be" and enjoy myself whether I am busy or not.

Well last couple of weekends I have been focusing on my mental health and getting better. I also bring work home so I can catch up on things I cant focus on in an office full of people. Other things i do is clean up car, laundry, buy dvds, watch movies, read, play my handheld poker game.

I have this same problem and have made it mostly better by making sure that I'm busy on weekends...and not just busy, but constructively busy, with a somewhat set schedule. If I'm just goofing around, even if it's a lot of stuff, and I like to do it, I still funk unless I have a set schedule. Now, I coach and play soccer and tutor. Makes me feel useful, I HAVE to be there and keeps my head occupied. Other things you could probably do would be any sort of volunteering or maybe even picking up another job, but a low-key one...that's what my dad did when he realized down time made him funk. You just have to stick with it, and see it like you do your job: as a necessity, even if you don't want to.

Archived