CrazyBoards.org

On this zyprexa my cravings are out of control... I want mostly sweet stuff. I want chocolate covered strawberries now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alas, this is not a surprise for Zyprexa. It seems to have this effect on quite a lot of people. I don't know if it goes away, I didn't stay on it long enough to find out.

Fiona

Try getting pneumonia at the same time: I'm losing pounds, despite the Zyprexa. (To be fair, I was holding my own on it beforehand, but only at the cost of five mornings a week in the gym at 6am for 45 mins cardio...)

Sorry, I just had to add this guy... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I ate (almost literally) a ton of food when I was on Zyprexa. It was totally out of control. I could easily eat ten times a day. Ten big meals.

Also, it made me depressed and a zombie, but that's another story...

Secrets, you might be able to avoid the awful stomach-stretching kind of binging by working out some control strategies of your own.  Users have suggested some things in the eating disorders forum -- binging is quite common for us, even without meds.  Maybe some of the tips will help. 

I've never been on Zyprexa, but everyone I know has gained weight.  If binging remains a big problem for you, speak to your psychiatrist about alternatives. 

• 4 weeks later...

Oooh, the evil Zyprexa! I don't remember how long I was on it, but MAN was I happy! I ate and ate and ate and ate. I would eat until my stomach HURT because it was so full, and then I would eat some more. I guess in some ways it must have been like having the munchies when you're stoned. Food tasted SO good. I've said this a million times, but I was too busy shoving food in my face to be depressed. I would be miserably full and still go for more.

I didn't last long on that med. I called the pdoc and told him, "Oh hell no!"

Sam

You know, Zyprexa has been really weird to me.

When I was on 20mg, I ate a little less then normal, didn't feel that hungry. Then the mania subsided, I got a little depressed and we decided to lower the dose to 15mg. And now I eat like a fucking horse!

I don't understand this drug at all. I am *always* hungry. I'll be full for about 2 minutes after a meal, and then I'm hungry all over again. I feel like I'm permanently starving myself when I resist the food.

Pdoc said if Z made me start to gain weight we could 'do something about it'. I really hope she keeps her promise this week as I'm about to turn into a prize heiffer.

Archived