CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Breeze

Animals

ohhhh the stuff Raven told me to get, that worked GREAT, its a kitty pheromone or something ... i forget what its called. also, make sure there is some place to scratch, they need something. and make sure its stationary. if it moves, or totters, they wont use it.

I think petedge.com has pheromones. They're not cheap, but I've seen them work in the vet clinic waiting room. Calming doggies down. They have kitty kind and doggie kind. And this may not even be what you're talking about, because I haven't scrolled up.

Hello Breeze and Pet People: ;)

I haven't been on for a long time trying to get better and all. Still trying...Anyway! To recap.....I'm the lady with the cat Rrum that died, and came back as another girl kitten; was trying to make my mind up whether to get her or not. Well we did!

Damn, if she isn't the smartest kitten ever! She is a barn kitten so we were worried that she would be anti-social and that she wouldn't know how to use the kitty litter; 'cause there was non.

We got her at about 6:00 pm and she was all over the family in a matter of hours. She slept in a cubby hole the first night, but at about 5 am I found her and brought her to bed with me and my husband. Then she proceded to cry. My husband said to see if she had to pee so I took her to her litter box where she proceeded to dig, dig, dig and pee!! Boy, was I relieved! No problem with since.

She is a absolute delight! Total trouble!

We were a bit upset with the soul switching her to Rrum. What happens to the other kittens soul, Breeze?

Sorry Breeze, but we are hesitent to say it is Rrum. I know that for me it just seem to good to be true, and then there is all the fear I carry everyday. But!!!! My God, does she act like him! Everyday there seems to be more clues to it being him! But I just can't believe yet....or maybe I do. What do I know I am quite a bit crazy right now.

What I do know is is that my husband has a buddy again. This morning he walked back into the bedroom after breakfast to get dressed for work and there she was riding on his shoulder!

We were going to call her Rrum Two, but it just didn't feel right. Then I thought of Keepurr (keep her), but my husband did'nt like it. So we went with numbers.... she is the number four cat!.....Shee! "Shee" is Japanese for the number four...actually it is spelt "Shi". But I like "Shee". Easier for people to figure out. It seemed right. Day's later we realized that Shi also means "death"! For some wierd reason it seems even more right!

Well, can you imagine it is a bit confusing with the she in...she is fine.....to...Shee come here....But we pronounce it a bit differently, so it works out fine.

Thanks to all of the support, and stories of everyone here we have a ray of light dashing though our gloom.

Thanks so much Breeze!!

I hope everyone is feeling better today. I'll try to keep you all updated.

deb :)

Okay, everyone! Have you read about Jack the cat who ran the bear up the tree? If not, here's a link to the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060610/ap_on_...cat_scares_bear

I thought it was the funniest thing I'd seen all weekend, and we can all use a laugh! Breeze, is this cat like Bart or WHAT? My Max was like this, too.

Gotta love those kitties. heh

olga

Hey debster:

I am really glad you got her. Some answers:

• takes about 6 months or so for the "soul exchanging process" to be complete
  • other kitty soul goes back to the spirit world and gets another body
  • "Shi" will never be exactly like Rrum. But will have certain characteristics that will tip you off
  • when you look her in the eye after the process is complete - you'll know.

Hope that helps. Now I am going to look at Olga's story. Just the title made me laugh!

breeze

Edited by Breeze

Hello Breeze:

Thank you for answering. I feel so much better from what you said. Shee is only about ten weeks old right now, so I had got sometime before it is complete. Hopefully, I am better by then.

I will keep you up dated on her if anything interesting should happen.

Ya, I'm going to check out that kitty chasing a bear too! Seems unbelievable, but you just never know what a cat is capable of!

See Ya, deb ;)

Okay, everyone! Have you read about Jack the cat who ran the bear up the tree? If not, here's a link to

olga

Thanks Olga for the amazing info.

Who say's cat's have no use! As good as a dog, I'd say! I would have been so proud if it had been my cat! I printed it out, so I can show everyone. So Cool!

See Ya, deb ;)

Ok, finally figured out how to scan pics.

post-4-1150166047.jpg

My dearly departed boy basset

post-4-1150165759.jpg

My Shy girl basset

And for Libby: Chewy Slew, son of Seattle Slew

post-4-1150165828.jpg

I can't spel!!!

Edited by Batou

Thanks, Batou! That is one beautiful freakin' horse!!! I love dappled grey. It's one of my favorites. He's a gorgeous young man.

My neighbor is having her dog put down today. She has been in decline for the past year..incontenence and everything. Her back legs are working less and less and her hearing is completely gone. She used to love going on long walks but now can barely make it down the driveway.

I have known this dog for 10 years and babysat on many occassions when her people went out of town.

I know her owner has been very torn up about this for a long time, but it looks like the dog is in more and more pain....so its time to let her go. Crap.

Wifezilla,

This sounds just like my dog. She was getting really lame in her hips, didn't seem to be hearing any longer and her health declined rapidly over the last month. She laid down and died on May 30 so I didn't have to make that horrible decision on when to say enough was enough. It was hard on all of us, we had her for 14 1/2 years, ever since she was 6 - 8 weeks old. She was such a sweetie and I miss her so. One of her red tennis balls showed up in the driveway today. I don't know where it came from... we buried one of them with her.

Batou, your bassets are gorgeous! Love those big brown eyes....

Lily, two of my kitties beg at the door to go out even though they know they aren't supposed to. They sit there and meow, then come meow by me and then run to the door again.

Pinky, two of my cats do the same as your two! One chews on all the cords he can find. the other chews on plastic bags, leaving them full of thousands of little tiny holes. The breeder suggested for the cord chewer to get those little pencil like rawhide chews, which he will chew on. Also, another suggestion was to put plastic aquarium tubing over the cords so he didn't chew on the actual cord but on the tubing. Personally, I thought it was a good idea but way too much work. ;)

Olga, that link was very funny, I sent it to my mom... Go kitties!!

My dog wants to move in with the neighbors cause they are more fun.

raven

Raven, at our old house, I would have to call our neighbors to see if our dog was in their house and if she was, they'd send her home. They had an open-door policy when it came to our dog.

They are being all nice about it but they are cocktail party types and I'm afraid he will be a problem sometime.

I am too sick today to do much about it.

He did come home about 15 minutes after i called him.

raven

OK. ;) This is weird. I was driving to town today (90 minute drive) and started wondering when Batou was going to post the photos of her Bassett's. :) Then I get home, and here they are. Sometimes I freak myself out. They are so great! I have a good friend who's a Bassett - named Max. He is a riot. They have such great personalities.

Max's predecessor's name was "Holmes" (also a Bassett). He was the dog of my best friend and her husband. Their "first kid". Anyway. One night we were all sitting around watching TV. My friend told me to touch him next to his tail with my toe. He was PISSED. Started to growl. We all laughed and I quickly stopped the game. This was back in the day when I didn't realize animals were so cool. I'm not one of those lifers. :wtf:

So, next morning. Holmes bursts into my room barking. He is frantic! I think everyone must still be asleep and he has to pee. So I stumble down the stairs after him, he in the lead, barking that hilarious Bassett bark. I get downstairs and everybody is up! I was the only one still in bed! He was doing "pay-backs" for messing with his butt the night before. :cussing:

We all thought it was hysterical. Well, I hadn't had coffee yet, so I didn't. But that dog was so funny.

Olga - that cat with the bear treed is a riot.

Raven: Mickey knows who mom is. He just found some new friends. He'll tire of them soon. Or invite himself to their parties :cussing:

Breeze

Edited by Breeze

This is so cool!

You might remember Thaddeus. He's here on this page or the last one. But he's the big crow that's friends with Bart our cat. And now he's our friend too. I wrote how every night lately, Thaddeus joins us for dinner. That is, he sits on the branch of the tree outside our house. He stares at me, beady little eyes penetrating enough to make me look out to see him. I then give him three pieces of bread, in separate trips. I'm thinking of getting softer bread for him. God I'm a softie.

Well last night, during dinner, I ran out to my car to roll up my windows because it was starting to rain (how unusual!) I must insert here that every morning, Thaddeus sits high above our house on a wire and watches our comings and goings. He knows my car. I say good morning to him every day and have for a long time now.

So anyway, last night I went out to roll up the window in my car. Sitting next to the door of my car, not Albert's, was the most beautiful jet black feather I have ever seen. It's perfect. It's huge. And it was one of his. He was sitting across the yard in the tree. I told him it was a wonderful gift and I thanked him. I told him how beautiful it is. He said it was a present for all the food I have given him.

I am, needless to say, blown away. I haven't ever found a crow's feather before, seagulls feathers are everywhere, but not crow's. And the placement was incredible. Right where I would find it next to my car. I was really honored.

Here is the best photo I could get of it. It's as big as a seagulls feather.

Albert said he expected this to happen (huh? who's the AC around here?) sooner or later. And he wasn't surprised. I ran around the house like an idiot trying to figure out what to do with it. I finally placed it with all my other cool stuff on a shelf my dad built in high school.

This just happened last night. I have been so excited all day. What a wonderful present!

Breeze

Thadwing2.jpg

Edited by Breeze

That's very cool, Breeze. Could you maybe take another pic with your hand in it or a coke can or something so we can tell how big the feather is? I have a feeling it is bigger than it looks.

Or maybe put your car keys in the pic, since you found it by the car.

Edited by Libby

OK:

Here it is with AA battery in the photo with it.

twing012.jpg

Good idea Lib!

Hope this still looks as big as it is. it is just SO cool.

Edited by Breeze

Beautiful feather ;)

I have a question for ya, Breeze. Sorry if this one has been answered already, my brain isn't working well tonight.

Have you met- or heard of- any animals that were genuinely malicious or cruel in their dispositions? Not things that we as humans would consider "cruel" but which are justifiable by their animal natures (i.e. it's what they are hardwired to do- such as a cat playing with a mouse before eating it) but the equivilant, in their own nature, of cruelty?

I'm not sure if that makes sense but hopefully you'll see what I'm getting at.

Have you met- or heard of- any animals that were genuinely malicious or cruel in their dispositions? Not things that we as humans would consider "cruel" but which are justifiable by their animal natures (i.e. it's what they are hardwired to do- such as a cat playing with a mouse before eating it) but the equivalent, in their own nature, of cruelty?

Hi Faith:

Good question. No I have been asked this before. And no, I have never run into a cruel animal. The ones that exhibit cruel behavior are the ones who have been abused. I believe that just like humans, we are all born clean slates - basically good. And then things happen in our lives that mold us into creatures of fear.

Animals are no different. What I love about them best is their ability to live in the moment. They don't tend to carry old baggage. Yes, they will remember " large man in hat hurts me" and cower and some one that has these characteristics, but basically, animals live in the here and now. And they know (this is hard wired into them) that unconditional love is what we are here for. We humans could take a lesson from some animals.

The prey/predator thing is very misunderstood by humans. The prey has agreed to become food for the predator. The thing is with cats for example, they are fed by humans and may not appear to be all that hungry. But most cats will eat the prey out of respect. A cat will "groom" its prey before he eats it. No idea why, just a ritual I suppose. But the prey has a choice. It's how all the systems of the world work. Humans being the highest on the food chain don't understand this, but if you think about it, most other animals are either predator or prey.

Some dogs were bred for killing. Jack Russell's come to mind. They were specifically hard wired to be able to hunt in burrows for prey. Then they became the darlings of Americans (sorry Boyd) and will kill cats out of instinct. It's not their fault, and they are not a natural breed. Most are not cruel at all either, man bred them to be this way.

The reason I love doing what I do is the simplicity and genuine love animals show humans. Domesticated that is. When we hear of maulings in zoos, that is frustration. Not a mean animal. And the tiger that "mauled Roy" was actually trying to protect him, not hurt him. I knew that instantly.

So, short answer - no. Animals are kind and loving and only want love in return. This has been my experience.

One last thing. I had a case where a dog hurt a child. It was a misunderstanding. The dog was young and was actually trying to comfort the child as if it were a puppy. The dog didn't understand and was trying to be helpful.

Hope this early morning ramble helps.

Breeze

Well, now....here comes olga to disagree.....slightly.

I agree that few animals would be "cruel," but then look at Sadie, aka "Godzilla."

Faith, Sadie is my 4-year old kitty, who has always been affectionate and no trouble. A year and a half ago, I brought home Miss Kitty from the factory where she lived. (It was closing). She is gentle and affectionate, so I figured Sadie would be the Boss and MK would live with it. WRONG!

Sadie STALKS Miss Kitty. She want to eat her. She wants to drive her from the house. Breeze talked to them for me, and Sadie said she told MK that "someone was going to come and get her," and she would be taken away.

And she's still doing it. ;) I can't leave them in the house alone, because Godzilla will terrorize MK and she outweighs her by 3 or 4 pounds. The only bright light in this is that Finley has become MK's protector and intervenes when he hears the caterwauling start. (It happened at 4:30 AM today, so tonight Sadie gets put OUT at bedtime. :) )

I think Sadie is being cruel to MK---she could just ignore her. But she goes after her every chance she gets.

But, of course, I will bow to Ms. Breeze's expert opinion on this subject! :cussing:

olga