CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
vfifii

In a poly relationship but dont like it:(

Im in an open relationship with somebody and theyre dating some other people, I am dating some other people (no one that I care about) and I want to break up with everybody except this one person. And I am angry that hes paying attention to other people. 

What do I do? Asking for all the attention is too much to ask for, as he knew (or thought) I was okay with it going in.

Poly relationships can be tricky that way, eh? The way that I, personally, go about relationship issues is to talk to them. Maybe this person can give you more attention. Or maybe now you know that you prefer monogamy. Maybe they're willing to do that with you. And maybe they aren't, which frees you to be in a relationship that's more monogamous going forward.

I'd second bringing it up with the person you want to be monogamous with. Frame it in such a way that acknowledges that you realize this is a change of your previous agreement because you've found that your desires have changed, or that it turns out that you weren't interested in something that you thought you would be. Like WinterRosie said, they may be willing to be monogamous with you, or you'll know that this person isn't compatible with you currently.

Yea I know. I want to bring it up but I feel like its asking for a lot.

I don't think it's asking for a lot. I think you are worth it! See what happens. Whatever happens and however uncomfortable it is for a while, at least you have learned something important about yourself through this experience. If it doesn't work out with this guy in the long run then next time you can be monogamous from the start if that's what you want.