CrazyBoards.org

I started a group at my work from a national org schizophrenia alliance (SA). It is a 6 step, like a 12 step group. I am not familiar with step groups, but learning. We follow a format, but most of the group is discussion. It is nice to have a place to talk about symptoms that no one else understands.

this week the subject of memory loss and some other cognitive issues were brought up. This man was saying how frustrating it is to have to be told things that you think you should know. I was not sure if we were talking about the same type of thing, but I feel the same way. People will point things out to me that seem obvious and I never noticed or did not understand.

i know cognitive dysfunctions are part of thought disorders, but is there a term for being clueless?  

Most of my interactions are work related, i don't get out much

I just had an annual work review after 19 months and they had documented every negative interaction and listed them. It was mostly positive, but they brought up things from a year ago. anyways, one thing was that I am resistant to comply because they had us doing housecleaning chores when we have a janitorial service and I made a comment that it is not in my job description. Anyways at the time we had talks about insubordination at our meetings. I never thought they meant me. But, now I think they were talking about me. It  never crossed my mind. That is not a good example. I had a weird shift and someone told me they gave it to me because it was the lighter days, maybe. I kept telling my co worker he could leave early. I thought i was being nice, he thought i was ordering him and he did not want to leave. i thought we were friends and he was angry.

and, i am lonely, but the more I tell people I would like to make friends the more I seem to scare them away.

I don't know. It is like i have these "aha" moments a year too late

I can empathize with people bringing up things from years ago that I did "wrong," but the things I did really weren't.

I wasn't given specific examples so it was hard to figure out what was what.

16 hours ago, confused said:

but is there a term for being clueless?  

I just googled it and I didn't find anything (regarding psychiatry) as a term for being clueless.  I found a thesaurus link with different words that mean clueless, but not a psychiatric term for it.

4 hours ago, confused said:

Thanks melissa, i rambled. I don't know what the correct term would be. Not in tune with your environment. If i get an answer and s better way to describe it I will.

Thanks ... I hope you can find an answer.