CrazyBoards.org

Normal...

I felt like I was 'slipping' (down into the big D) yesterday, and today I had a shitload of things to take care of (despite being unemployed).  This mainly involved making about 400 phone calls to insurance, clinicians, diagnostic centers, and job recruiters as well.  Yay for being an unemployed nut with gastric emptying delay.  I'd been arguing (not in the hostile sense, just in the intense 'what to do' discussion sense) with my parents all evening about how to get my new insurance and gastric emptying study arranged.  I was pretty irritated last night, which then became kind of mixed, which then became a catatonic, sessile "oh fuck I hate life" state, and couldn't fall asleep until midnight, an hour after taking 2mg (!!) of the K. 

So the next morning, disheveled and tired despite having 9 hours of sleep, I popped 400mg Provigil (actually allowed as per my previous pdoc in Indiana, at least PRN, though my Baltimore pdoc is loathe to the idea) and... hehehe... a can of Red Bull.  I was pretty damn wired the next 6 hours or so... got every phone call done that I needed, and all is well and set for my radiology exam bright and early tomorrow morning (miraculous since that involved phone tag with two insurance companies, one radiology center, and two doctors, one of whom I hadn't seen for over a year).  Well, all is set providing I can actually wake up on time.  The prereq. for the exam is NPO for 8 hours prior, but I am allowed meds with a minimal amount of water... will def. be washing down 400mg Provigil with the standard 200mg Lamictal.  hehehehe

Guess I know how it feels to be wired, then... fuuuuuuuun!  ;)

i noticed that you are now a Wellbutrin how long ago did you start?  i should/was on lamictal and wellburtin at the same time and felt very similiar as you.  i stopped the wellburtin and things calmed down.  i have heard the wellburtin does not cause mania in most patients but i was defintly on the edge of mania.

p.s. i was on 400mg of lamitcal and 150mg wellburtin

Archived