CrazyBoards.org

Meds increasing blood levels and effects of antidepressants

I am on Concerta 72mg and Bupropion 300mg and both of these medications are known to increase the blood levels and effects of Vortioxetine. 

I'm on 10mg of Vortioxetine, should I reduce this to 5mg?

I stopped taking Concerta for a few days and felt less depressed? However, another influencing factor is a medication called Naltrexone that I also take. 

I didn't take Naltrexone or Concerta for a few days and only took Vortioxetine and Bupropion together and felt a little better. I'd like to know your opinion on this matter. 

• 3 weeks later...

Especially for Trintellix, the half-life means ANY change that affects its blood levels could take 2 weeks to stabilize. So like @melissaw72 said, be sure to do it with the supervision of your doctor and go slow. Either eliminate the methylphenidate or eliminate the bupropion and wait for 2 weeks to see how you feel. What I can say is that if you are on 10mg of Trintellix you shouldn't go any higher than 150mg of bupropion. It can greatly increase Trintellix blood levels even though Trintellix is predominantly metabolized by CYP2D6.