CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
madmax15

Christian but don't agree with some things?!

The thing that troubles me about this, madmax15, is that Jesus preached to separate yourself from your belongings. All these things tie you to earth and are a distraction from piety. That the preacher is baiting congregants with promises of wealth is VERY troubling to me. It's like saying "If you donate your car to me, all of your credit card debt will disappear. I donated my car and now I have no debt!"   The two statements do not follow. Your prosperity has nothing to do with your tithing. By the logic of the New Testament, if it WAS rewarded with prosperity, then it would be your responsibility to tithe 10% of that money and give the rest away to the homeless, less fortunate, etc. 

The pastor claims to have given away his entire savings to the church. That's nice and all....but it's his church. He just gave money to himself technically.

I don't have the full context, because I wasn't there to hear his sermon, but this guy sounds very manipulative to me. If I were a member of this church, I would quickly find a different congregation to join. I think it's very, very, very likely he never even came remotely close to giving away his savings.

Edit: I don't go to church anymore, but church should be a place of joyous worship and curated life advice. A place of fellowship and growth. You celebrate births and marriages together, you mourn the loss of congregants together. You're like a team. And the pastor isn't the leader of the team. He isn't the boss. He's the person who has the best ability to clearly express Gods will. And he knows that if it's not in the bible, it isn't God's will. Because he is also a good orator and a good listener, he is the natural choice for the congregation to choose as their pastor (or another esteemed person within church hierarchy). (quick edit:)He also likely has some sort of higher education in theology where they explore the original texts, changes, historical context, historical relevance, the cult of Paul, etc. 

Edit 2: The more I think about this the more it irritates me. Who is this man to manipulate you into handing over money? Why is he trying to bait you with "if you tithe you'll get a promotion or some other awesome thing!"? That's a bunch of crap, if you'll pardon my crassness. You know why you need to tithe? Because the bible says so. End of story. Make sure you're tithing to a church worthy of that money.

Edited by Anodyne Oblivion
1) More thoughts 2) Furthermore.... 3) Forgot somethin

In my opinion, the prosperity gospel stuff is highly manipulative, both psychologically and in its handling of the bible texts that are used. They tend to ignore typology (for example when considering a promise made to Abraham, you have to consider his special role as father of many nations and how it is interpreted in new testament terms, as well as Abraham´s status as an ordinary believer.) This is what I had in mind when i say that they miss the systematic theology.

p.s. I should add that i am not really anl Archbishop:-)

Edited by deckpoop

Jesus. Not church, not christian, not most of the manipulative and contradictory bible, jus Jesus. And b veg/vegan cuz those poor animals r horribly tortured and unnecessarily murdered, and humans r mean to b herbivores

18 hours ago, VeganJesus said:

humans r mean to b herbivores

No, that's not true at all.........I think I posted this somewhere else, but humans are biologically designed to be omnivores:    http://www.biology-online.org/articles/humans-omnivores.html

According to the Bible, Jesus was not a vegetarian or a vegan......The New Testament Book of Luke records that Jesus ate both fish and lamb: (Luke 24:42-43) and  (Luke 22:8-15).

In the New Testament Book of Acts, Jesus declared all foods to be clean, including animals (Acts 10:10-15).

By the way, I'm a vegetarian because that's my choice......But Jesus didn't command Christians not to eat meat as far as I know........If you know otherwise, please let me know any scripture passage relating to it.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

No. Mostly screw science, lots of the bible, and meds. Humans r frugavores. U can't trust the system or world and its teachings, its all lies. I'm not jus mentally I'll like y'all, I'm spiritually beyond this evil bs world and very consciously evolved and I'm speaking the truth.

• Haha 1

All death and violence and suffering is connected to evil. All love and compassion and peace is connected to good. Its fukn simple yet evry1 is so confused, truly sad..

Don't trust all the bs teaching about being human, its lies. The fake food, the meds, the system.. And the body/mind is a trap, and there's deeper reasons 4 the afflictions of mental illness I've realized. The enrgy is moving u in a direction 4 a purpose and I don't trust meds, jus keep going to realize the answers if u can b spiritual in life. Being raw vegan is a major answer, so is sobriety. I overcame basically all the obstacles in my life path w/ Jesus, being raw vegan, and sober 10yrs.

I'm h e r e to share the truth if yr still spiritually alive

4 minutes ago, VeganJesus said:

All death and violence and suffering is connected to evil. All love and compassion and peace is connected to good. Its fukn simple yet evry1 is so confused, truly sad..

Don't trust all the bs teaching about being human, its lies. The fake food, the meds, the system.. And the body/mind is a trap, and there's deeper reasons 4 the afflictions of mental illness I've realized. The enrgy is moving u in a direction 4 a purpose and I don't trust meds, jus keep going to realize the answers if u can b spiritual in life. Being raw vegan is a major answer, so is sobriety. I overcame basically all the obstacles in my life path w/ Jesus, being raw vegan, and sober 10yrs.

I'm h e r e to share the truth if yr still spiritually alive

We are a pro-treatment site and for many that means being pro-meds. You are dangerously close to running afoul of one of the core values of our site. Furthermore, we do not allow proselytizing here. Take your "truth" elsewhere. We are here for people who are mentally ill. If you're not mentally ill, then hit the road.

3 minutes ago, jt07 said:

We are a pro-treatment site and for many that means being pro-meds. You are dangerously close to running afoul of one of the core values of our site. Furthermore, we do not allow proselytizing here. Take your "truth" elsewhere. We are here for people who are mentally ill. If you're not mentally ill, then hit the road.

Treatment duzn't have to b meds. I got issues also but I'm h e r e to share 

17 minutes ago, VeganJesus said:

Treatment duzn't have to b meds. I got issues also but I'm h e r e to share 

You are partially right. Treatment doesn't always have to be meds, but meds are necessary for a lot of us to function. So don't go advising against meds.

4 minutes ago, jt07 said:

You are partially right. Treatment doesn't always have to be meds, but meds are necessary for a lot of us to function. So don't go advising against meds.

In fact, meds r suppose to b like 4th option, after environmental changes, cognitive/behavioral therapy, and diet. Its a evil program so no I will still b opposed to it and how it fuks ppl up way worse. And 4 the ppl who have a spiritual life then god can take care of them w/o meds. Raw vegan diet is huge help.

5 minutes ago, VeganJesus said:

In fact, meds r suppose to b like 4th option, after environmental changes, cognitive/behavioral therapy, and diet. Its a evil program so no I will still b opposed to it and how it fuks ppl up way worse. And 4 the ppl who have a spiritual life then god can take care of them w/o meds. Raw vegan diet is huge help.

Did you just say that one can pray away their mental illness(es)? Really?

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE TO TELL US, BECAUSE NONE OF US HAVE EVER TRIED THAT BEFORE.

2 minutes ago, heilmania said:

Did you just say that one can pray away their mental illness(es)? Really?

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE TO TELL US, BECAUSE NONE OF US HAVE EVER TRIED THAT BEFORE.

No its probly not that easy, u have to b 1 of gods ppl. That means not a shitty carnivore zombie destroyer that bows to the world and meds and the system. U probly have to b spiritually alive and not unconscious from trusting evil doctors to fuk yr life to the point u have no mor soul. It takes a real courageous fight while not contributing to the cruelty of animals and succumbing to being a system slave. God saved my ass, and I can help most beings if they want to b good, I've overcome hell many times

1 minute ago, VeganJesus said:

No its probly not that easy, u have to b 1 of gods ppl. That means not a shitty carnivore zombie destroyer that bows to the world and meds and the system. U probly have to b spiritually alive and not unconscious from trusting evil doctors to fuk yr life to the point u have no mor soul. It takes a real courageous fight while not contributing to the cruelty of animals and succumbing to being a system slave. God saved my ass, and I can help most beings if they want to b good, I've overcome hell many times

So since I'm not, as I mentioned, a shitty carnivore zombie destroyer, why haven't I already been saved? It's been 28 years; the clock's a-tickin'. 

2 minutes ago, heilmania said:

So since I'm not, as I mentioned, a shitty carnivore zombie destroyer, why haven't I already been saved? It's been 28 years; the clock's a-tickin'. 

Lol. Srsly tho, yr probly stuck in a big 'karmic' mess. FYI I feel like its the end of my life also. I've actually already died b4. Been to heaven and hell. Had obe's and nde's. Been dead like 3 days. Seen supernatural stuff since I wuz a little boy. I'd think the meds r causing mor problems also but idk yr whole story..

Congrats on being veg/vegan which is awsum and important, but there's also much mor to the truth in life

5 minutes ago, VeganJesus said:

Lol. Srsly tho, yr probly stuck in a big 'karmic' mess. FYI I feel like its the end of my life also. I've actually already died b4. Been to heaven and hell. Had obe's and nde's. Been dead like 3 days. Seen supernatural stuff since I wuz a little boy. I'd think the meds r causing mor problems also but idk yr whole story..

Congrats on being veg/vegan which is awsum and important, but there's also much mor to the truth in life

Ok. Things are becoming clearer.

5 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Ok. Things are becoming clearer.

Wutev Dr. Troll

I doubt u can synthesize my wavelengths

I'm a soul of gr8 mystery, randomly stopping by teh crazy'bored's

Can confidently say I overcome all obstacles put in my path thru god, I've been as fukt up or worse than any1 I've met, and my life has been rlly bad pretty much always. I sincerely feel like meds wud'v killed my soul, although I admit there wer many desperate times, but I turned to god. Truth

5 hours ago, VeganJesus said:

Wutev Dr. Troll

I doubt u can synthesize my wavelengths

I'm a soul of gr8 mystery, randomly stopping by teh crazy'bored's

Can confidently say I overcome all obstacles put in my path thru god, I've been as fukt up or worse than any1 I've met, and my life has been rlly bad pretty much always. I sincerely feel like meds wud'v killed my soul, although I admit there wer many desperate times, but I turned to god. Truth

Synthesize my boot up your ass. 

And for the record, there's nothing mysterious about you. You views are blatant. 

If you're not mentally ill, then CrazyBoards is not the place for you, my friend.

We are a peer support site for people who are mentally ill/interesting.

Please move along if you do not self-identify as having a mental illness.

9 hours ago, VeganJesus said:

in my life path w/ Jesus, 

As I already pointed out, Jesus did eat meat according to the Bible......So He certainly wasn't a vegan or even a vegetarian.

I guess either you don't believe that, or choose to ignore it......Which one?

Edited by CrazyRedhead