CrazyBoards.org

The Depressed Persons Mood Lifting Project

Are any folks out there interested in forming a mutual support thread here in the depressed forum that takes the form of tracking achievements during a specific 12 week course of exercise and diet to lift your mood?  All that's required is:

non-suicidal level of depression*

the ability to stay on target in a thread (not chat, basically)

one post daily to confirm goals and achievements

a desire for mutual support

a 1.5 hour a day 12 week commitment with 1 day a week off

If anyone wants to join in, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling by posting forms, workout schedules/techniques and everything required!

Whaddya say?  You don't have to be perfect or in shape, it's just a way to group track our moods based on how much exercise we get and how well we eat for a few weeks.

I'm not a medical professional, so this is an informal thing -- would be pretty strict body for life type workout -- 3 days weights, 3 days aerobic exercise, low fat etc.

Hey, most of us spend an hour and a half every day trying to figure out why we're so depressed -- so it's not like we don't have the time!

*I'm not tryign to leave anyone out, but a sudden daily boost to your serotonin levels can cause moodswings that may negatively affect a suicidal person.

Are any folks out there interested in forming a mutual support thread here in the depressed forum that takes the form of tracking achievements during a specific 12 week course of exercise and diet to lift your mood?  All that's required is:

non-suicidal level of depression*

the ability to stay on target in a thread (not chat, basically)

one post daily to confirm goals and achievements

a desire for mutual support

a 1.5 hour a day 12 week commitment with 1 day a week off

If anyone wants to join in, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling by posting forms, workout schedules/techniques and everything required!

Whaddya say?  You don't have to be perfect or in shape, it's just a way to group track our moods based on how much exercise we get and how well we eat for a few weeks.

I'm not a medical professional, so this is an informal thing -- would be pretty strict body for life type workout -- 3 days weights, 3 days aerobic exercise, low fat etc.

Hey, most of us spend an hour and a half every day trying to figure out why we're so depressed -- so it's not like we don't have the time!

*I'm not tryign to leave anyone out, but a sudden daily boost to your serotonin levels can cause moodswings that may negatively affect a suicidal person.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, a commitment? I want to do something like this, so if it develops into something and you get a group together, I'm down.

S9

Archived