CrazyBoards.org

After upping my lithium I have reached the point where my bipolar is asymptomatic. My anxiety is much better, over the last two weeks I only had 3 mental breakdowns. and My anxiety has just been generally low, I am not always on edge. I have gotten to the point when I take my pills is like "do I really need to take these" I have been down this road before, and I am not stupid enough to stop again. but it almost feels boring you know? I don't even know why I started this thread. 

When I got to that point, I added in things I couldn't do when I'd been less stable. I got involved in work committees, after changing to a less stressful department, and started school in an online degree program. I'm not bored now, but I'm really busy. I could never have done this before. Is there something you might like to do now?  It might be possible to pursue an interest you'd put on hold. Just a thought. 

For me constant boredom and lack of interest in things takes longer to clear up than most other depression symptoms, so maybe you are just nearly arriving at true remission but not quite there yet. When I was stable I didn't feel bored with it. My interest and enjoyment of life had returned and it was amazing to have that back.

I had a lot of hope when the meds had stabilized me (the best they could).  I still have anxiety issues and things but they aren't as bad as they were.

I used to spend my days inside all day except for one day a week, but I wasn't too bored the rest of the time.  But the times I did get bored, like you I didn't know what to do.

A week ago I found something that I was really excited about and that gave me hope.  It gets me out of the house 3 days a week, I get exercise now, and my mood is starting to improve. 

So for me, I found something that I've wanted to do for a long time which gave me a lot of hope.  And it worked ...

I guess my point is, is that is there anything that you want to do (within reason) that would give you some hope?

21 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

@getouttamyway.exe ... How re you doing?

Mildly adequate :P

I had another good week. I am feeling a sense of stability that, really I haven't felt since I was a child. I hope it lasts lol.

The other thing is, my girlfriend probably works better than my meds, the best part about dating someone with Major depression and anxiety is that you both relate, and she helps me with everything, and same for her. We even have the same psychiatrist :)

3 hours ago, getouttamyway.exe said:

Mildly adequate :P

I had another good week. I am feeling a sense of stability that, really I haven't felt since I was a child. I hope it lasts lol.

The other thing is, my girlfriend probably works better than my meds, the best part about dating someone with Major depression and anxiety is that you both relate, and she helps me with everything, and same for her. We even have the same psychiatrist :)

That is really good to hear!  I'm glad things are working out for you!