CrazyBoards.org

Insert clever title

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and it's so big that it's daunting. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

I'm always looking for new ways to connect with my peers and this seems like a good place. 

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, PTSD, and a learning disability. I'm fortunate to have found a med that works for me. I've been on it for a month and haven't had any hallucinations or delusions in two weeks! Even my depression is getting better. 

In August I start back to college where I'll learn to be an ASL interpreter. I'm such a nerd that I'm already learning finger spelling and the numbers along with some basic signs. 

Hello Poetic-Poppy. Welcome to Crazyboards :)

This forum can definitely be a bit overwhelming at first. Feel free to take a look around and to spend as long as you like! Sometimes it can be helpful to limit yourself to a few forums in particular and then gradually branch out. It's up to you.

I'm glad that you've found a med that works for you. That sounds so helpful. Also, I love that you're learning to interpret. I want to learn more ASL, so I definitely don't think that you're a nerd for learning in advance of your courses.

If you have any questions/concerns/inquiries, etc, -now or in the future- please feel free to PM the staff member of your choice.

Looking forward to seeing your posts around :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! We are glad you joined us!

It's great to hear that you are going to college and are studying such an important major. It's also great to hear that your med is working for you. You give hope to us all!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

• Like 1