CrazyBoards.org

Ok, so I'm kind of hungry right now. But I'm also really queasy. Everything I've considered eating makes my stomach turn.

Usually when I get like this I eat cheez-its (I have no idea why, but they help). But I'm out right now...and I'm too poor to buy any.

I know I need to eat something, otherwise I'm just going to feel worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Grapefruit. 

Soda crackers.

Plain popcorn.

A piece of bread. 

Drink water, even if you don't eat.  Hydration is important.  I forget that when I feel nauseated. 

A lemon.

A very bland apple. 

If I really can't make myself eat, I try to drink a V8.  If non-eating continues, I try to come to a compromise with myself to get some protein and substance down. 

Well, it *does* tend to be a little pricey, but candied (crystallized) ginger is fantastic. I buy mine at the natural foods market, in bulk. Def cheaper than the grocery store.

For some reason, I crave salt when I'm nauseated. Green olives helped me, but then again, my food cravings tend to be a little strange.

I was just about to second what Fiona said.  I try toast as well...somehow drying it out makes it a bit more palatable and it has more nutritional value than just soda crackers.  Sheesh, how timely...this sounds like what I've been doing a bit myself recently.

I actually make myself a little juice spritzer for hydration and nutrition.  Somehow too much juice upsets my stomach all the time...acidity I guess, so I cut it 50/50 with some (diet) Sprite or 7-Up.  That's kind of tasty (to me anyway.)

Karen

I made myself eat some saltines...but grapefruit sounds strangely appealing. I don't have any but I think oranges might work.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you are on zoloft?  [not sure. sorry if I am wrong]

If you are and in the future you have a desire for the grapefruit, try to maybe go for pineapple instead. That is, if the oranges don't cut it. Grapefruit interacts with Zoloft and can vary concentrations. I haven't ever seen any issues with pineapple.

[uh... if you aren't on Zoloft, ignore.]

Green grapes.

I have also been having a lot of problems with my stomach for a long time, especially in the morning, for no reason in particular. I have found that tea helps a lot.

And also, mint helps.  [maybe mint tea? don't know]

But sometimes, I have a plain mint lifesaver and suck on it.  It really helps sometimes.

I don't really know why.

Or ice water with lemon...

Watermelon...

Which actually isn't in season at all, I don't think.

But it's still sooo good.

Ok. Well, hope it gets better.

~navy~

Thank you for all the suggestions.

My husband made some rye bread late last night and I've been pigging out on that. The oranges helped too.

Navy, I'd forgotten about the grapefruit thing. Thanks for reminding me before I went out and bought some. Pineapples and grapes though...that sounds great. I think when I get money tomorrow I'll make a giant fruit salad!

Navy, I'd forgotten about the grapefruit thing. Thanks for reminding me before I went out and bought some. Pineapples and grapes though...that sounds great. I think when I get money tomorrow I'll make a giant fruit salad!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another possbility, I use clementines and tangerines as a grapefruit substitute.

Fiona

this happens to me frequently. if i can think of anything thats appealing i'll just go for it. for me its usually sweet things, dry sweet cereal is a fave. Also chocolate and sometimes when the idea of chewing is too awful- a mikshake through a straw, or ice cream or ensure or boost.( they actually taste good and have the most nutritional value clearly- seems everyone else went a healthier route- sorry if i'm a bad influence.

My thing is, when I feel nauseated, I cannot STAND anything sweet.  Thus, grapefruit and cucumber and plain bread, because anything meaty, like nuts or beans, is too gross and too much.  No sugar. 

I do the same thing...eating whatever seems appealing. Usually it's not anything particularly sweet, (except sometimes plain donuts) but I do sometimes crave strange things. Fruit and raw veggies seem to be big lately. Which is good because I used to want McDonalds when I got nauseous. Yech.

Archived