CrazyBoards.org

I CANNOT TAKE BEING CHUBBY!

Ok, so I'm not obese really. I weigh 68 kgs. (Too lazy to translate that into pounds, but double it and you'll get a general idea.) I'm 170 cm tall. I weighed 58 kgs before! Before lithium.... Ten fucking kgs!!!!!!

This is really bumming me out. In the I want to kill myself way. I used to have an eating disorder and I just cannot stand being chubby. I've even started puking every once in a while... Oh how easy it is to slip into old patterns.

Eating less doesn't work. Believe me I've tried.

ok it took me a while to get those numbers into inches & lbs (hah.. i'm slow), but I feel the same way! I'm 5'10 and 150 lbs... (173 cm & 68 kg?? i think? i'm learning.. give me time) and not liking it too much.  yeah yeah I know thats normal or whatever, but I just can't stand this damn stomach! I look 5 months pregnant.

Call me a hypocrite.. because I know a couple months ago I posted in the "my clothes dont fuckin fit either/too skinny" thread, but now its the opposite.. none of my clothes fit because I'm too chubby. I refuse to go out and buy all new clothing- no way- I hate shopping already, and I don't feel like going out to buy maternity clothes.

I gained 35 lbs over 3 months on remeron paxil & zyprexa.. i should have known what I was getting myself into- those are all the meds from hell... but I was so caught up in "oh, I'll just gain a few lbs, look healthy again, and then it'll just stop when I tell it to stop"  hah yeah right

well im off the zy and the paxil, and I'm gonna try to convince pdoc to get rid of remeron in place of something more activating..  you're right- eating less isnt doing shit and i can barely fuckin exercise since lamictal has killed my knees

i guess this can be the thread for those of us who just feel fat, but probably are normal weight??

No doubt, gaining weight on some meds without over eating is frustrating because it is often the mechanisms of the medication itself that adds the weight.

Helena,

please talk to your pdoc about the effects the weight gain is having on your mental state and the  real problem this is causing you. You don't want to fall back on old patterns of behavior. I know many people would say they would love to weigh 68kg and be 170cm (150 lbs. and 5'6"), and it is better to be fat than crazy (I agree). But what matters is how you feel and this is obviously bother you very much. If you have talked to your pdoc about your weight concerns, please talk to your pdoc again stressing the connection to having had an eating disorder.

Erika

Yeah, I feel the same way. I know deep down I'm not fat, maybe not even chubby. But my body disgusts me. I always was the skinny one! Though one positive thing is I've gotten bigger boobs! And a bigger ass, which is both negative (can't wear any of my old jeans) and positive (I look more womanly!). But most of the fat seems to have gathered around my belly, and I do NOT like having a beer belly!

Just now my pdoc and me had a loooong discussion which ended with me going off lithium. I think she finally realized that my old eating disorder could really mess me up. I'm prepared for the worst, but Lamictal should give some extra protection against mania, right?

In the end, for me gaining risk is a huge problem, since I risk falling back into an eating disorder. Of course my mental health is a big concern too, but I'm hoping Lamictal will work by itself.

I'm actually thinking Weight Watchers might not be bad idea. I bought some ready made lunches to bring to school. And if I could drag myself to the gym everyonce in a while that would help even more... ADHD motivation issues kinda gets in the way.

Anyway I'm hoping my metabolism speeds up now that I'm off lithium. Cross your fingers for me people! I might turn into a maniac.

I'm in the same boat as delicate. On my shed load of Ritalin (90mg/day) I was down to 47kg (I'm 161cm) and lookin' scary. But buying really cute clothes!

Now I'm off Ritalin and POOF! back it all came. We're coming up on 55kg, which means my belly is starting to peek out over the tops of the pants and under the cutie sweaters. I have these really cool jeans that have a dragon embroidered on them (I call them my dragon-ass jeans. sorry. ADD joke there) and now when I take them off, I also have a dragon imprinted on my thighs! Oh-so-attractive!

Crossing my fingers for ya Helena!

I'm in the same boat as delicate. On my shed load of Ritalin (90mg/day) I was down to 47kg (I'm 161cm) and lookin' scary. But buying really cute clothes!

Now I'm off Ritalin and POOF! back it all came. We're coming up on 55kg, which means my belly is starting to peek out over the tops of the pants and under the cutie sweaters. I have these really cool jeans that have a dragon embroidered on them (I call them my dragon-ass jeans. sorry. ADD joke there) and now when I take them off, I also have a dragon imprinted on my thighs! Oh-so-attractive!

Crossing my fingers for ya Helena!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uh - little help on the metric system?  1 meter is about 2.5 ft right?  So you're 4' something???  That can't be right.  and I have no clue on kg.  How many stone are you?  What is a stone?

Helena: that sounds perfectly proportionate----but I know if you weigh more than you're accustomed to, it's a drag. However, I bet you have a very nice shape---and you are a very beautiful young lady.

dianebea

ps we have a new cooking show in the US that has scandinavian food---I love the scenery! My father was Swedish and never in a million years did I ever think they could make a TV show that featured Swedish cuisine.

Someone help me!  I went off Topamax, because I I lost so many IQ points I couldn't remember my friends' names, and now I've gained 10 pounds in a month!  I weigh 120 pounds and I'm only 5 feet tall.

Apparently Topamax really does work as weight control for some people.  Fuck!  I'm starting to do that, Only Wear One Pair of Jeans thing. 

I also had an eating disorder and this is wreaking havoc on my psyche not to mention all the cute clothes I can't wear anymore.

Granted, my face looks better and not so angular/rodentia like, but my ass could take out a family of four when I walk by.

JBella the Gigantosaurus

Someone help me!  I went off Topamax, because I I lost so many IQ points I couldn't remember my friends' names, and now I've gained 10 pounds in a month!  I weigh 120 pounds and I'm only 5 feet tall

Sometimes it's hard to be sympathetic about weight gain like yours, but for you it is a big deal. Any time you gain 10 pounds in a month it's a bit traumatic, even when you know it's 10 pounds you really need. However, it may not yet something to worry about, you might find that your weight stabilizes after a rebound from changing meds. I'd give a lot to only weigh 120 again -- and I'm certainly trying.

Of course, there's also the question of whether you want to be sane or weigh more? I know I've picked sane, weight is slightly easier to fix without intervention like meds whereas sane is a different issue altogether.

Apparently Topamax really does work as weight control for some people.  Fuck!  I'm starting to do that, Only Wear One Pair of Jeans thing. 

I also had an eating disorder and this is wreaking havoc on my psyche not to mention all the cute clothes I can't wear anymore.

I remember this part so well. I had a whole, large wardrobe when I weighed a lot less, it's much smaller and not so cute now. I've always been a bit of a conservative dresser, but I had plenty of 'cute' things -- they don't look so good past a certain weight and/or age. I didn't have an eating disorder at the start, but since I'd stopped eating while getting depressed I started significantly underweight (about 25 pounds or so). I have a perfect personality for anorexia and have lived much of my life on the edge of it, so I understand how almost any weight gain can be traumatic.

Granted, my face looks better and not so angular/rodentia like, but my ass could take out a family of four when I walk by.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure your ass looks fine, particularly in comparison to mine.

Besides, there are a number of health benefits to weighing an appropriate amount: hormones, skin, hair, digestion, appearance, all sorts of things.

Fiona

Isn't this indicative of how our society makes us believe that "thin is in" shit.

I, too, have gained 30lbs due to menopause and meds. I keep trying to remember the old old days, when chubby women were in. What is the term... based on a classical painterr, and the classical painter's name..Ruben something.All the women had lots of meat on them.

Also, I look at it like I'm plumping up for old age..really, look at alot of women in their 80's and they are very skinny, and, besides, some men really dig the chub. Anyway, trying to make us fee better.

Syl

PS - When I gain weight my bra size goes from a c cup to a d cup - and men still dig the tits. And also, my face fills out and the wrinkles disappear.

Archived