CrazyBoards.org

What's with the Trends?

NimbusBirdMgp3

It's really pissing me off, that people love it, when Winter gets warmer than Normal.  When they have already seen 300 days of the Sun Shinning and still need the other 64 days to be Sunny also.

The idea of people expecting one to tolerate something is the idea that what is tolerated is at a fraction of something less than 50% of our lives.

What I'm having to tolerate is a fraction of 90% and above. :);)

And when good gals have used to enamor me.  Why are they not doing so anymore?  Why all this elusiveness?!

I have nothing to live for like this.  I don't have the incentives for the life I've wanted.

Don't tell me to see a doctor or take medications!  Just be understanding!

I'm not in the mood to be discribing this in a better way as of this time.

People are doing more to annoy me, then it used to be.

Heya Nimbus,

I personally love the snow.

(Except on the rare occasion when I have to drive in it.)

And am really sick of everyone whining about it.

Weather is weather, and yah, I wish everyone would just quit wishing for summer, when that's stupid and impossible.

--ncc--

It's the beginning of February and not the End of February.  And From where I am to Los Angeles and San Diego, I'm hearing is having Summer like weather.  Hasn't been very cloudy and the rain I've seen were littlier storms than normal.  Only coming during the night time hours like summer storms.  Where the day time hours has been seeing 25 Days of Sun in January.  Only 6 Days to shading out the Sun in January.  The first two days in February where Cloudy and then it's radically Clear out days now.  No 10% or 20% Clouds.  Just 0% Nothing.

I've been really trying to plan a move to Astoria, but too much clear weather and Sun now is a hinderance to making my move.  I was hoping more cloudiness and rain would allow me to plan on my moving.

If I was able to get away from my job due to some rain, I could ask a week off and fly up to Astoria.  But I'm not seeing the cooperation with that.

But if the weather is acting above normal for Los Angeles and also getting the fires they have been having down there, that have been a new thing for February for them.  I still hear the Weather Casters trying to get around their glorifing the weather being so hot and dry, inspite of the fires.  All this anomosity toward the Clouds and Rain. ;)

I heard Astoria is the #1 spot for Retires. :) After everyone is making me have to put up with Sunny weather because they want it Sunny and then people want to Retire to a place that doesn't get Sun. 

I'm confused!

AHHHHHHHHHH!

i live in toronto and it is february - HELLO????????? it is winter and WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SNOW!!!

we just got hit with snow for basically the second time this year and all i hear at work is bitching and moaning. for fuck's sake people - its canada!

i live just outside toronto and we got over a foot of snow and i looooove it. mind you, im a snowmobiler,

Weather is weather, and yah, I wish everyone would just quit wishing for summer, when that's stupid and impossible.

Yeah, and those are the same people that'll be bitching in July about how hot it is.

Where IS the snow, anyway? My shovel has cobwebs...

Yeah, and those are the same people that'll be bitching in July about how hot it is.

I hate these people.  Summer is my favorite season, dehydration, sunburn and all. 

I hate these people.  Summer is my favorite season, dehydration, sunburn and all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word!

I think I'm part reptile...I love it hot, hot, hot...Texas was the perfect climate for me, and when my kids are done with school and a geographical move is more feasible, I'm definitely headed back southwest. Maybe not Texas, but HOT!

Though, I don't disrespect my colder, cloudy climate loving friends for being that way, I don't even have a snow shovel (Rabbit...lol) But I live in an apt., and that is THEIR problem. Before my back was the back from hell, I had a huge driveway to shovel. And the car to clean off..ick...

S9

How the hell do you plug in a car? Is that for real??

It's supposed to get down to 27 degrees tomorrow night. Hard freeze for us.

We've actually had a winter this week. Highs in the 50's, lows in the 30's. It'll only last a week. Then we'll be back in the 70's. I would die if I moved up north.

Croix

Heya Croix,

If my ancestors (one-quarter, I think, the rest were Irish and suffered enough themselves) hadn't kicked yours out of Acadia/New Brunswick, you'd be plugging in your car too.

There are two kinds of people:  Those who get snow in winter, where they live.  And those who get snow in summer, where they vacation.

A block heater attaches to the car's ... um ... insides.  You know, the stuff under the hood.  The battery, yeah, that's it.

And it has a plug, and when it goes below (according to my car's Big Book of Instructions) -25

I don't complain about reasonably seasonable weather, but when there's three feet of snow on the ground and the wind chill's -40, then I join the anti-winter whiners. However, I do enjoy the challenge of driving on ice (and the subsequent challenge of semi-skating across the frozen-solid parking lot without breaking a leg).

Yes, I know ncc. And I thank your ancestors for it. Heat and humidity are all I know. Other than the three years I lived in Cali. That was nice, but still no snow on the coast. I've never played in the snow, never driven in it, nothing. I've technically seen it, but a quarter inch on the ground that turns to mud doesn't count in my book. And that has only happened twice here since I've been alive.

One of my dream vacations is a ski trip up in the frozen nawth. One day...

Is it like a standard outlet? That you could plug anything else into? That's so weird.

Croix

I love the snow...as long as I don't have to drive in it. I live in rural NH (ok NH is pretty much all rural) and during a storm; like the one we are getting right now, its not a good idea to try and drive anywhere.

I'm just glad I'm off work today. Since the malls never close, I very well could have had to go in.

So instead I'm just going to play in it. I wonder if I can borrow a sled from one of my neighbors?

Archived