CrazyBoards.org

i'm on 300mg of wellbutrin XL.  i've had a big problem with lethargy, negative thinking, hopelessness, lack of concentration, feeling trapped, constant sense of dread and worry, etc etc.  after being on 150 for a month, the 300 has woken me up and i find myself somewhat invigorated and aware in a way i haven't in a while.

BUT. i'm taking 50mg of trazodone a night to sleep and yet i still only sleep maybe 5 1/2 hours a night. i can't fall asleep till 1am, and normally wake up at 4:30am.  when i wake up in the morning at 7:30am i feel woozy, groggy, and a little light headed.  if i take 100, i might not wake up in the middle of the night and i'll sleep longer, but i'll be even groggier / hungover in the morning.

my psych nurse doesn't want to put me on benzos because they're addicting and i'm coming off a strong dependancy on marijuana (besides a new years slip-up, i haven't been smoking regularly for 4 1/2 months). what do i have to do to just give me an ativan or ambien prescription already???? say, "I promise I won't become a benzo addict?" it'd also help with the somewhat edgy feeling i'm having all day.

would love to hear opinions/suggestions.  i'm seeing her next Tuesday.

I was wondering why you were on xl as opposed to sr.

I am not sure, but it may make a difference. It would at least be something to ask about, as it clears faster than XL.

Have you discussed lunesta with your ARNP?

I take Wellbutrin XL 450 mgs in the morning. Amitriptyline 25 or 50 mgs. about an hour before bed has been great for sleep. At first, I was a little groggy in the morning, but that didn't last for more than a week or so. It's also cheap. My last scrip for 30 25mg tablets cost, wait, drum roll, $1.42.

How long have you been taking the WB at 300 mgs?

Greeny

I was wondering why you were on xl as opposed to sr.

I am not sure, but it may make a difference. It would at least be something to ask about, as it clears faster than XL.

Have you discussed lunesta with your ARNP?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, honestly, because my nurse has samples that i get 3 weeks at a time for free. i'm more awake and a wee bit more concentrated, but man am i edgy. maybe i need to add some serotonin reuptake to the mix to help with edginess and insomnia? lexapro?

haven't discussed lunesta. i think i will, though. trazodone puts me to sleep, but i'm still waking up nightly, and feel edgy and hungover as all hell in the morning.

I take Wellbutrin XL 450 mgs in the morning. Amitriptyline 25 or 50 mgs. about an hour before bed has been great for sleep. At first, I was a little groggy in the morning, but that didn't last for more than a week or so. It's also cheap. My last scrip for 30 25mg tablets cost, wait, drum roll, $1.42.

How long have you been taking the WB at 300 mgs?

Greeny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was on 150mg XL for 4 weeks, and now 300mg XL for a week. i ought to wait it out longer.......

Archived