CrazyBoards.org

could I ask my current doctor to refer me to new doctor?

8 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Why did they refuse you? I'd feel weird about asking a current pdoc for another one, I usually just stop going to the old one and go to a new one that I find on my own.

First doctor refused me because of my past opiate addiction. Second one didn't give me a clear answer- just that he thought I needed a "higher level of care because I don't trust doctors" (which is a nice polite way of saying- get out of my clinic).

I am afraid to go to a big clinic- I feel like the service isn't going to be the same. I guess I am opposed to big clinics. I don't know what to do. 

Have you tried talking to your pdoc about why you feel like you need a fresh start in the first place? I might start the conversation there. They might agree that it seems reasonable, in which case you can ask for recommendations, or you might be able to resolve whatever the issue is that makes you want to look elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, thunder said:

Have you tried talking to your pdoc about why you feel like you need a fresh start in the first place? I might start the conversation there. They might agree that it seems reasonable, in which case you can ask for recommendations, or you might be able to resolve whatever the issue is that makes you want to look elsewhere. 

I agree also.  Maybe your pdoc doesn't realize that you are unhappy with him?  Letting him know how you view the situation between you both ... maybe he doesn't realize you feel that way.  And maybe you can start to work with him again in a way that helps you.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, thunder said:

I will try that on monday... I really just want a fresh start with a new guy.. I feel like having him refer me may be a questionable tactic. I just don't know what to do. 

On 6/8/2017 at 10:39 PM, Gearhead said:

Does your city have a website or annual magazine review of best doctors?

I can't find one I used google. Just the usual google search and its not revealing anything which might indicate anything further about doctors. I mean is there a way to really know if a doctor is good or not? I mean like to really beable to tell. 

Fucking med is making me tired and stupid, I can't even type what I mean to say right now. 

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

I find you're best with a pdoc who really is open and allowes discussion. If they won't it can mean bad news so maybe that talk is a way to reevaluate your situation 

This is what I need ^ I don't know why its so hard for a doctor to just listen. I really don't understand why doctors in this field of medicine are like they are. 

I've gotten lucky I've had 2 like that...the first (well my second) one was so nice but he couldn't manage the polypharm. And then I got my doc now who always keeps me in the conversation...and does 75 minute appts. With me so we have time to talk about more than just meds 

1 minute ago, Iceberg said:

I've gotten lucky I've had 2 like that...the first (well my second) one was so nice but he couldn't manage the polypharm. And then I got my doc now who always keeps me in the conversation...and does 75 minute appts. With me so we have time to talk about more than just meds 

What does a 75 minute appointment cost?