CrazyBoards.org

How do you take your Lamictal?

I've been experimenting, but haven't really found the best way to take my lamictal (250 mg) for best results.  Frankly, I can't tell whether it makes me sleepy or not....I don't really feel anything except finally pretty stable. I take other stuff, so who knows what is doing what in terms of agitation/sleepiness???

When/how do you take yours for maximum effectiveness?

Tood, thanks so much for your help.  Obviously I should have done a better search.  Shame on me, really!

I'm going to see the pdoc today and get her views.  I was taking it divided because I was also on Trileptal, but now the Trileptal is gone.  So I started taking it at night so I wouldn't take a chance on any daytime sleepiness.  Then, I couldn't sleep (nothing new), so I switched to morning.

But I still wonder whether divided is best.  I'm now up to 250.  I guess it builds up in your system and it really doesn't matter.  She had said before I could take it all in one dose, but that was when I was on smaller doses, during the titration and with the Trileptal.

I'm worried that I'm taking Klonopin and Ambien for sleep and then need to take Provigil to wake myself up and get going....seems counterproductive.  But even with Klonopin and Ambien, I can only count on 5 hours, but I do wake up without a hangover, so that's something positive.

Heya,

225 at 6:30pm.  Still titrating.

Then I get a window between 7:30pm and 10:30pmwhen I can fall asleep and then sleep for about 7 hours.

If I miss the window, I'm pretty much screwed.

I took it in the morning once, and it was a damn good thing I was off and not driving, b/c I was mildly sedated all day.  DH told me that waht I thought was "sedated" is what other people call "normal."

Thinking of splitting it to take 25 in the morning to see what happens.

--ncc--

200 morning, 200 night.  I had been taking it all at night but my pdoc suggested dividing the dose and I noticed a big difference in my mood.  Depending on your metabolism, lamictal can clear out of your system in less than 24 hours, so I'd go by how you feel.

Archived