CrazyBoards.org

yep it was from Lamictal. So I am off that and on Topamax.

I got the Abilify dropped too so I am on just 2 meds now whew!  And two meds that have weight loss as a side effect. Oh darn!  ;)

It is supposed to take about a week for the Lamictal to get out of my system and the rash to go away so I am hiding in the house  :P and wearing long sleeves 24/7 which was a little hot at dance class last night....

About Topamax is there any way to take it other than twice a day? I am afraid I will get the duhs and forget to take it! :)

And last night I had a horrible headache like my brain was going to fall out and a while after I took the Topamax it was gone hmmm...I do get migraines so maybe it will help.

I had one in pdoc's office and was trying to talk w/o being able to see out of one eye I hate migraines!

About Topamax is there any way to take it other than twice a day? I am afraid I will get the duhs and forget to take it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take Topamax once a day, at night, so it certainly can be done. I think it is just a question of whether it works for you and, most importantly, if your pdoc thinks it would work well within your treatment plan.

Good luck.

Todd.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a tip on forgetting to take meds: I now use a 7-day pill box.  I fill the box up on Sunday night.  That way I can tell if I forgot to take a med because if so it'll still be in the pill box.  I'm always intending to take my pills and then an hour later unable to remember if I actually did.  This way I don't have to wonder.

The best pillboxes, IMHO, are made so you can take each day with you.  Mine fits into my purse, so if I get busy or stay out late I don't have to worry, I can take my meds whenever I need to.  I've got to take pills three times a day, so this is a lifesaver.

Archived