CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
straightjacket

Intense euphoria?

I wonder if I've always been on the Bipolar spectrum? Periodically I have had these uncontrollable intense euphoria feelings that make me want to squeal with excitement. I still get them put to a lesser extent because I'm on antipsychotics. it's hard to explain, it's like the night before christmas for a child but for me I get them out of the blue. Do you think it's down to Biopler? 

Oh sorry. I'm on 75mg Paliperidone (Invega) I was diagnosed 5 years ago with BP mixed state. I had these ideas I was a famous writer. I had waves upon waves of intense  euphoria. I become more stable but still get some euphoria without the psychosis. It's addictive. I'm now DX with Schizoaffective disorder Bipolar type. 

I refuse to take mood stabilizers (lithium and depakote) They make me feel numb and I feel like my life is just ticking by zombie style. I would rather have the ups and downs, functionally I rarely go into a downer.     

Lamictal typically doesn't cause the fuzziness and can help stability in the long term. What about a PRN when you feel your getting to energetic