CrazyBoards.org

Canceled date?

So, I have a new guy friend (I'm a girl) who I thought was interested in me.  For example, he acted jealous a couple of times when he knew that I was talking to/flirting with other guys.  He also asked me to go dancing once and asked me out to dinner in a way that I felt was a date.

Anyway, he's in a very demanding graduate program.  He asked me out for dinner two weeks ago for this weekend because he was doing a big project one weekend and then was going out of town the next weekend.  So the weekend we were supposed to go out came around and he asked me over to watch movies with a few friends on Friday night (last night).  But then when I asked him about going out to dinner later in the weekend, as we'd planned, he said he has a lot of studying to do.

Am I being too sensitive?  I feel that if you ask someone out way in advance, it's a "date" and you really shouldn't break it unless you have a good reason.  Then again, he did invite me over on Friday night, so perhaps in his mind that counted as "getting together"?

I think it's probably just a matter of him being busy and needing to study, like he said.  It sounds to me not like he cancelled a date, but that you guys had the "date" in a way that was possible/fun/whatever for him at that time.

I would bet that your last sentence is spot on. . . is what I'm saying, I guess.

Boys are confusing. ;)

Men can be a bit odd in their concept of a date. I think what matters is not whether you got dinner out of him (though as a seasoned food digger I share your concern that you didn't get bought dessert

Archived