CrazyBoards.org

I'm unsure if I gained any weight when I started Geodon. However, I'm trying to lose weight, and I'm unable to. Could the Geodon be preventing this? I've also started Saphris for sleep. Could that be preventing it?

I've never been on geodon but I've been on saphris. I had trouble with my weight on saphris but I don't know if it's what is causing you problems. Sorry. I just know it caused me problems. It's not why I quit it though. That was many years ago. I think maybe 2009? 

9 minutes ago, 100catscrazy said:

I've never been on geodon but I've been on saphris. I had trouble with my weight on saphris but I don't know if it's what is causing you problems. Sorry. I just know it caused me problems. It's not why I quit it though. That was many years ago. I think maybe 2009? 

Did Saphris cause you to eat more or did it just affect your weight by taking it? It is my newest med, so that could be the culprit...

Saphris definitely increased my appetite immediately after taking it. I would be super drowsy and super hungry at the same time. So in that regard it did contribute to a bit of weight gain. But the weight was proportionate to what I ate meaning I don't think Saphris would cause weight gain on its own.

58 minutes ago, daisy said:

Did Saphris cause you to eat more or did it just affect your weight by taking it? It is my newest med, so that could be the culprit...

It increased my appetite. So it didn't cause the weight gain on it's own. 

Saphris didn't cause weight gain for me, but I only took it at night as a sleep aid. Geodon made me gain 22 lb in a month of taking it, possibly. It could've been from poor eating habits, but that may have been caused by Geodon itself... lol.