CrazyBoards.org

effexor or ssri + wellbutrin?

Guest monty

I am wondering which is better - the combo of wellbutrin and an ssri or effexor?

I have tried all sssri's and wound up tired, no energy and they helped a bit with the anxiety and ocd but not great.

Wellbutrin can aggravate anxiety. But maybe added to an SSRI, there wouldn't be a problem. Effexor acts as an SSRI until you get up to around 200-225 mgs per day, then it starts working on norepinephrine, too.

The Wellbutrin is easier to get off of than the Effexor, so that might be a good place to start.

I take 20mg of lexapro for GAD and OCD.  It helps a bit with the GAD and panic attacks but not yet for the OCD, been taking the med for 2.5 months, 20 for maybe a month or little bit more.

So I am tired, apathetic, lack focus and motivation, I have read through this board and people seem to have good luck with wellbutrin to fix this, is it true, will it increase my anxiety?

I have tried most ssri's, maybe all.  But didn't have bad side effects from prozac, zoloft, or lexapro.  None really worked to fix the ocd, but the bigger issue is maybe they would but I get so tired, lazy, unmotivated that I never stay on them, what do you do for this issue?

Is lexapro better or zoloft better for ocd and anxiety?

You should be good with what you got.  But you're taking alot of k.  Basically 3.5 mg a day.  I just take .5mg 3x per day.

I'm not sure what the other stuff is your taking.  The reason I switched to Lex was to help more with anxiety.  Hopefully I can eventually get off the k.

Archived