CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsNotLiving

Enter stage left

Hi. You can call me whatever. If I stick around, I'll get a nickname. I made this stupid username last night but I didn't post anything. I just got out of the psych ward. I think a lot of us are suffering Iatrogenesis (from the Greek for "brought forth by the healer") refers to any effect on a person, resulting from any activity of one or more persons acting as healthcare professionals or promoting products or services as beneficial to health, that does not support a goal of the person affected.

Trying to stay positive. I am now on latuda, ativan, gabapentin, and trazodone. I do feel better this way. I was manic and alcoholic and self injuring. I checked myself into ER and said I didn't feel safe. They took me to a psych ward(again). I haven't been to one since last November. I resisted meds and got out before my hold was up, per the doctor. This time I feel more serious about tackling my mental health. That's where I am at. 10 days sober and counting. 

Hi, whatever, and welcome to CB. I'm glad you joined us. I'm glad you are taking a more serious approach to your mental health. Congrats on the 10 days of sobriety. Alcohol doesn't play well with mental illness. I know this all too well.

If you have any site questions, please shoot a PM to me or any other staff member. Welcome, again!

It is so hard forming positive, healthy habits and leaving the destructive ones behind!  Good for you for making positive changes!