CrazyBoards.org

Cheney, hunter

Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

By LYNN BREZOSKY and NEDRA PICKLER, AP

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (Feb. 12) - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, spraying the fellow hunter in the face and chest with shotgun pellets.

Harry Whittington, a millionaire attorney from Austin, was in stable condition in the intensive care unit of a Corpus Christi hospital Sunday.

The accident occurred Saturday at a ranch in south Texas where the vice president and several companions were hunting quail. It was not reported publicly by the vice president's office for nearly 24 hours, and then only after it was reported locally by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times on its Web site Sunday.

Whittington has been a private practice attorney in Austin since 1950 and has long been active in Texas Republican politics. He's been appointed to several state boards, including when then-Gov. George W. Bush named him to the Texas Funeral Service Commission.

:) I keep hoping that maybe all this talk about impeaching Bush for his lies will amount to something.  And then I remember who will be in charge when Bush gets impeached.  Cheney.  Fucking idiot.  Idiots. ;) ooooh!  I'm so embarrased to be an American! :P

gees, don't these people know how to stage anything?  you say he committed suicide and leave him on a bench in washington d.c.  its a simple as that.  you'd think with all their domestic spying/ election stealing/ war orchestrating this would be childsplay for them, but all the greats can get sloppy with the fundamentals from time to time.  tsk tsk.  i expect more professionalism from my government. 

how about hitting corporate execs repeatedly with baseball bats?  i think i'd like that one more.

the daily show reporters could barely suppress their ear to ear grins yesterday for being lobbed this softball - repeating the phrase 'the vice president of the united states shot a 78 year old man' maybe about fifteen times in their first segment.  apparently this wasn't even like a real ranch wehre you hunt wild birds.  its a ranch where they raise quail in cages, and then you drive up, and you shoot them after they let them loose.  maybe its like hunting for geezers, but still pretty weak mr. cheney. 

I noticed three things from reading reports on this today:

1. They keep blaming the guy who got shot. They keep saying he should have announced himself and that it would have been a courtesy for him to have announced himself. One report said it was still technically Cheney's fault for not reviewing what was in his target area, but that the victim should have made his presence known.

I wonder what proper decorum is for that? "Hey, don't shoot my rich white ass!" or "Aim at the birds you idiot, not the person."

Maybe Cheney needs some cards, one set shows humans and another birds. I know he doesn't believe in evolution, but come on primates look much different.

2. A deputy from the local police showed up to interview Mr. Cheney, but was turned away by the secret service. Apparently he hadn't gotten word that arrangements had been made to meet with the police the next day. Now there's something you don't see on the television show "COPS" very often is it? When they knock down the door and some guy is in his underwear taking a hit off of a crack pipe and tries to make a run for the backdoor, you don't often see him talking about the arrangements he made to discuss his crime with the police the next day. Apparently you have that right if your Dick Cheney, now if one of us shot one of our buddies on a hunting trip I'm guessing we'd get our asses kicked if we suggested to the cops that they come back tomorrow.

3. Some of the articles had a quote from one of the hunters that said Cheney was "calm and cool" at the scene of the incident. Well, isn't that just great? I guess that is supposed to make us think that he is level-headed in a crisis. It only confirms my suspicions that human life means squat nothing to the guy. It is easy to be calm and cool when you weren't the person who got shot.

:) I keep hoping that maybe all this talk about impeaching Bush for his lies will amount to something.  And then I remember who will be in charge when Bush gets impeached.  Cheney.  Fucking idiot.  Idiots. ;) ooooh!  I'm so embarrased to be an American! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AGREED!!!! I'm an American/Australian dual citizen and I am always tempted to move.

OOOHH Scream:

I know of the attorney you talk about - but i apologize in that I cant remember his name.

Hillary Clinton writes all about it in her book. 

I have not read Bill C's book. (dont tell anyone)

december

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have Bill's book on CD. I listened to it during my commute. Great book. He reads it nicely. It is worth it on CD.

Archived