Can someone help with these questions on P.A.D. and G.A.D.?

Uhm I was wondering what Panic Attack Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder really are. My therapist said that she thinks I have Panic Attack Disorder and i dont really understand what that means. Of course it has to deal with panic attacks but could you explain exactly what a panic attack is? I don't know if I'm having a Panic attack or something else. If she corresponds to it, I'm 13 years old. Please don't suspect me as a attention seeker. Also, will people think it's weird for me to have a disorder like those? The only disorders some people have at my school are ADD and Adhd. I want to be a detective and will disorders bring me down?

I had fifteen rounds of ECT and have tried over 30 meds and I still graduated top ten in high school. There are ways to get accommodations, but ultimately don't let what others have or do limit you. My first semester of college I had to take a 6 month medical leave. Now I've been on the deans list back to back. I don't want to say that "nothing is impossible" bullshit, but illness is not what you are. I don't specifically what the detective standard, but that's why we have really a ton of meds to control those symptoms. Are you on any? 

Also, therapy with a good therapist is HUGE for panic and anxiety disorders