Sort of odd

A while ago i had a moment when i was suicidal and i attempted its not like i had it too bad but i took my meds and wanted to get better and i wanted off of em cause it had been a while and who wants to stay on em and so i told my mom and she agreed with it and it was alright for a while but i had a breakdown and my mom put me back on them ( theyre zoloft btw) and i dont really have an outlet so im here and i wanted to know if it ever truly does get better.

• 2 weeks later...

It can get better but it might take time and maybe med changes. It took time for me to feel decent and each time there were bad times again I got discouraged. But now things are better most of the time. Doesn't usually work to go off meds, though. 

• Like 1

Slow and steady. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. You get what I mean. Psych meds are a marathon not a sprint. I literally only know one person with MI who responded to their first med enough that they didn't need a change or add on (which is why I think lithium should be more first line but anyway). It gets better, it's just that sometimes it gets worse first 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, Iceberg said:

Slow and steady. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. You get what I mean. Psych meds are a marathon not a sprint. I literally only know one person with MI who responded to their first med enough that they didn't need a change or add on (which is why I think lithium should be more first line but anyway). It gets better, it's just that sometimes it gets worse first 

thanks for replying its been a year im still here mostly because im afraid if i did anything my mother would get rid of my dog but nothing has really changed except my mom who says shes looking for a doctor for me and so on is actually not because its been like 5 months since i first asked and ive resorted to weed to deal with my problems