No side affects, placebo?

That is not a logical argument. Side effects have nothing as to how well a med works. Keppra has no side effects but it is keeping me seizure free. I have lots if meds with no side effects. Don't change meds until you talk to your doc.

Most meds I've been on haven't had side effects. Means I'm lucky, not that it's a placebo. Don't go off any meds, ask your pdoc about your feelings. Does it make sense a pharmacist would sell a placebo and label it lithium?  That's something to think about. I'm glad you don't have side effects. 

• Like 1

I dont know.... I propose a little science experiment, I have some old capsules of lithium left, I have the new CR that I have been on for a while, and I just bought lab reagent lithium carbonate. The last one will be our control group. When carbonates and bicarbonates contact acid  it releases CO2. If I fill cups with muriatic acid, and place one of each in each cup, all three should fizz, if one doesn't.... ITS FAKE! Wish me luck.......

Your experiment leaves out the possibility of confounding variables.

There's a reason your doc doesn't just prescribed you a bottle of lab reagent lithium carbonate. Binding agents etc could interfere with the results of your experiment.