Session/Progress Notes

My tdoc told me that my insurance company contacted her and wants session/progress notes about my work with her. Today I got a letter in the mail saying the same thing. She said no, because while she does process her charge through my insurance, she is out-of-network and does not get paid by them. 100% of her bill is paid by me, and I get credit for it on my out-of-network deductible ($12500/year). 

Tdoc was very upset about this "request" and very clear that her answer is no (unless I request otherwise). 

What do insurance companies do with this kind of information? Why are they asking now, when I've been seeing her for almost 2 years (and she's been out-of-network for almost 18 months)? Why should I say yes or no to this request from them when they'll never pay her a dime? I tried to call the behavioral health line of my insurance company to ask about this but they were closed for the day (an hour early, I might add).

Interestingly, this is their first request for such information, even though last year I had several in-network hospitalizations, IOP and ECT. This year I'm more stable and the only providers I've been seeing are my usual tdoc and pdoc (both are out-of-network).

I paid out of pocket just to keep my info away from insurance companies so that's my bias. My fear has always been that no good will come of it and they may use it to limit payments later, but I don't trust insurance companies and I'm very private. What's to be gained or lost by providing info?  I'd want to know more about their intent first.