CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Steve223

Complete Strangers May Be Talking About Me Behind My Back, This Seems Like The Most Likely Explanation Here

Okay, this has happened twice now with two different people.  I don't get what's going on, but it's beginning to make me wonder if large numbers of people are talking about me behind my back.  Something just isn't right with this picture.  A few months ago, a guy flipped me off as I was passing him in the parking lot for utterly no reason.  This was a few/couple months ago.  Today, I was on my way home, and this woman was driving in the other lane in did the same thing!  I don't get it, and it's seriously making me wonder if this has to do with the fact that a bunch of people are talking about me.  I just don't get it.  I seriously cannot imagine why this has happened twice over the past 3 months or so.  The one thing I can think of is that I'm not really the best driver.  Not in a dangerous way, but I tend to get over-cautious about the lights.  Sometimes, where it's right on red or a stop sign, I'll sit at the intersection too long and it annoys people.  Still, I cannot recall this happening with this woman, and it perplexes me that she'd still be pissed at me over that days or weeks later.  It just makes me think it must be something else.  I just don't get it!  

The only possibilities I can think of is that rumors are being spread about me by complete strangers or some kind of traffic thing.  What do you think is going on here?  And do you think these two complete strangers must've talked to one another about me, or were they separate reasons..... or perhaps even just luck that I was mixed up with someone else in both cases. I live in a fairly large city so I cannot imagine what kind of rumor it would take to spread throughout the city like that.  It's just really starting to seriously scare me and start to wonder if there's some major rumor about me that's spreading like wildfire and these unrelated people have somehow had contact with each other about me!  Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that's what is going on here.  I have no idea what the hell these people are saying about me, but it's really freaking me out as apparently it's causing them to just flip me off in traffic like that.  It's honestly making me fear for my safety, that perhaps these people could be planning to truly harm me somehow.  

What the hell is going on here?  

Edited by Steve223

I think it's unlikely that large groups of people are spreading rumors about you. It's more likely that people are being discourteous drivers. 

• Like 1

Do you have an out light on your car like a blinker so that you are surprising other drivers? Are your high beams on? I was doing that for a while and it does make people mad.

Also I get stressed driving and imagine other drivers know who I am. I am a not great driver. I don't think it's true that other people are talking about you because it is the same kind of thing I imagine. And believe me it's just coincidence and two random rude people of which the world is full of them.

• Like 1

People flipping you off while you drive, especially if you're a hesitant driver, is a fact of life, not evidence of a conspiracy. I think you're safe, and some people are just assholes who take out their aggressions on other drivers.

• Like 1

Do you have bumper stickers? Any strange flags on top of your car? It's only happened to you twice. If you suspect it's because of the way you drive, it's probably just that simple- I think you're really jumping to conclusions here. 

Also, a nice way to test that all your lights are working is to turn your hazards on. 

• Like 1

I've been flipped off while driving.  I am cautious, but I can be assertive and my guess is people need to calm their tits while driving.  The best is when people tailgate me.  I will drive the speed limit on the nose and I enjoy watching them flip out in my rearview.

I know this is an older thread, but... Yesterday I was leaving the store parking lot with my 15yo and her friend. Passed by a car with a clearly 7yo-ish in the front seat. He flipped my daughter off. We had done nothing, just had glanced at him. 

Guess incredible rudeness starts at an early age. Ignore it and move on.

• Like 1

Or if you enjoy annoying aggressive drivers just engage them with a little malicious compliance by going the speed limit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wookie said:

Or if you enjoy annoying aggressive drivers just engage them with a little malicious compliance by going the speed limit.  

^^^ wish I could like this 1,000 times, lol.