Didn't order fish at a fish and chip shop

madmax15

I had lunch recently with some friends at a fish and chip shop. While waiting one of my friends asked "what are you getting?" I replied "just some chips" and he replied "that's a bit weird isn't the whole point of being at a fish and chip shop is to eat FISH?!"

I felt so embarassed. 

Do you guys think it's weird I didnt order fish?

Hey madmax, no I don't think it is weird you ordered what you wanted.

I ordered steak in a fish place once and my friend made a comment like that, too. I guess he was curious why I didn't order fish.

I worry what people think, but really it is fine and the conversation changed to something else.

4 hours ago, amskray said:

I don't think that's weird of you.

Was your friend being critical?  What difference does it make to your friend what you order?  Could be that your friend was being a jack ass. 

He was just telling me that the point of being at a fish and chip shop is to eat FISH and chips

Edited by madmax15
n

13 hours ago, madmax15 said:

He was just telling me that the point of being at a fish and chip shop is to eat FISH and chips

I honestly think you're reading too much into this. Your friend was probably joking with you.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, madmax15 said:

So do you think my friend was being a jack ass or something?

No shame in not ordering what you don't want.

I wouldn't call him a jack ass. I think he was just trying to be funny by needling you. Were I in your shoes, I would have just laughed it off.

I once walked into a Waffle House and ordered pancakes. No idea what I was thinking.. I have seen the menu a thousand times.

Hostess wasn't pleased. I got a lecture.

Funny thing is, it was late, the cook heard me order and dumped some batter on the grill and gave me a mini pancake. 

Maybe he also has 'those' days?